Merrimack Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

14 hours ago, Mike said:

We have almost blown two home games already.We should be concerned.

I haven't paid too much of attention to purdue home games this year who did you guys almost lose to?

@Stlboiler23 read reason for edit

Edited by NotIThatLives
Lol that Google auto translates the prestigious world renowned Purdue university to the word produce
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mike said:

Rutgers play with attitude and toughness we always wilt when we play them as we do when we play Purdue!Knight's teams had that toughness every year.

7 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm so confused.  Are you now speaking of the gold black scrimmage or practice.  How does Purdue play purdue?

Mike drop

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 12:25 PM, IUFLA said:

When: Sunday, December 12th  12:00 PM EST

Where: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

TV: BTN

Sometimes the way to cure the sting of a loss is to focus on the next game... :) 

Results for the Merrimack Warriors so far...4-6

image.png.4b0ae13ba555e07ba72cd5bd7159ea5a.png

image.png.df787463e9d2abf6f6fb2e1b2f609608.png

Predicted to finish 4th in the NEC...

Outlook: Joe Gallo was in an impossible situation after a magical Division I debut. Ineligible for the postseason, Merrimack literally could not surpass its 2020 NEC regular season title, but a 9-9 campaign after losing three senior stalwarts and not playing a game until the NEC schedule kicked off January 7th due to COVID should still be considered a success. The Warriors remain in their idiotic “transition period” for two more seasons, but with every relevant piece back from last year’s squad, Gallo & Co. can once again set their sights high. 

Merrimack’s success primarily originates from its frenetic defense, a gloriously chaotic mix of pressure zones that has made the Warriors a nightmare to prepare for and play against. The heavy use of zone and full court pressure is representative of the NEC as a whole – although no one pushes it to the extreme quite like Merrimack:

Bottom Line: Gallo has built a small-conference defensive juggernaut, and with so many pieces back to execute his unique zone pressure scheme, the Warriors should be competitive on most nights. The lack of shooting drags down the outlook, though, so unless Jensen, Reid, McKoy, and Watkins can make strides from deep, Merrimack likely settles in the middle of the pack again – though I’ll nudge them towards the upper end of that echelon thanks to Gallo + the D. 

Sounds like we'll be facing a zone and some pressure...Things we need to work on for Big 10 play...

Best player is 6-8 wing Jordan Minor...Not very deep or very big from the looks of it...

Starters stats...

image.png.d6a135d631398103b925e267db9e23b9.png

Highlights of their loss to our conference rival, Rutgers...

We should have an easy time here...Be interesting to see how much time Woody gives some of the guys who haven't been getting minutes here ;) 

How does anyone not use ESPN box score and sports reference to find their stats? 

Sports Reference has forced espn to do a better job with stats as a whole. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I hear that a lot from you young fellas that never saw the man or his teams in his prime, but to those of us who lived through it, it was something to see...

That's fine, and inarguable. I will tell you though, it isn't just people my age that get tired of it. There is no arguing his greatness, but for the love of God, there's multiple ways to skin a cat. 

I just don't see any need for comments like "back when Knight was here" or "the way Knight did things". Idk just not for me. 

My memory of BK is us getting absolutely boat raced by Pepperdine. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's fine, and inarguable. I will tell you though, it isn't just people my age that get tired of it. There is no arguing his greatness, but for the love of God, there's multiple ways to skin a cat. 

I just don't see any need for comments like "back when Knight was here" or "the way Knight did things". Idk just not for me. 

My memory of BK is us getting absolutely boat raced by Pepperdine. 

Coach Knight is the biggest part of IU basketball history and the main reason the Hoosiers are considered a Blue Blood, so you might as well get used to it because you are always going to hear it. As for people your age getting sick of it that is sad since it is still talking about the Hoosiers. Maybe if there was something to talk about recently you wouldn't hear as much Coach Knight talk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1