Merrimack Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

11 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, we don’t really have a better option right now. Just hope XJ reigns in the poor decisions a little bit / learns when it’s a good idea to push it, good idea to pull up to shoot, and when it’s not. We can’t have a PG who can’t make FTs and plays out of control. 

He doesn't really do those things most of the time. He had a bad last few minutes at Wisconsin, no doubt, though his teammates basically folded and his coaches didn't do much to put the team in a good spot. 

He's generally a very solid throw shooter, and has arguably been our second most important player. 

The vast majority of the season so far the team plays much, much better when he is on the floor. 

Though I understand your point, we need XJ to maximize the good and minimize the bad. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Don't you know? Bob Knight would bench him for the entire game and play a student manager in his place and still win by 40.:coffee:

I have to say, with the disclaimer that I really like CMW so far, that CMW had way too long of a leash and tolerance for XJ in the second half against Wiscy. He did NOT handle that well. I’m sure he still thought that was our best option, but dang… 

I think we already addressed this in the two previous posts. 👍🏼

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 2

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

I have to say, with the disclaimer that I really like CMW so far, that CMW had way too long of a leash and tolerance for XJ in the second half against Wiscy. He did NOT handle that well. I’m sure he still thought that was our best option, but dang… 

I've been really critical of Woodson for the Wisconsin. I thought the coaching staff was awful in the 2nd half and is the biggest reason we lost. 

With that said, I dont have any problem with Woodson sticking with XJ at all, the issue was not calling any sets or changing up the offense at all. The staff put XJ in a bad spot and his teammates didn't help him. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Oh man, that’s opening a whole other can of worms. Ha ha. Thread derailer!

Sorry I'm honestly not trying to do that at all.  

I'll be watching the first half of our game then headed to bdubs for the 1pm NFL games. I assume they'll still have a TV on IU. 

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Something wrong with the television set in your house?

I want to watch all the games with playoff implications for the Colts, plus locals will probably give me the Bengals and sorry 5 fouls, I don't enjoy them lol 

Plus money league playoff start today. Gotta watch my dudes. I dont go to bdubs for Colts games, so it limits my time there 🤣.. probably a good thing. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I want to watch all the games with playoff implications for the Colts, plus locals will probably give me the Bengals and sorry 5 fouls, I don't enjoy them lol 

Plus money league playoff start today. Gotta watch my dudes. I dont go to bdubs for Colts games, so it limits my time there 🤣.. probably a good thing. 

Just be careful on that drive home and have fun.