10 years ago today…

KDB

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

The crap we do for pets.... AND wives/ kids. Had you screamed, as we all did, it would have been a story for them to tell for their entire lives. We all to often pass polite, with good intentions and they other party misses out on a funny story (although they where pissed at the time of the story lol).

Considering this was with my older son, I don’t regret it one bit. His first 3-4 months were brutal on sleep. As it turns out, he had a milk protein allergy that he eventually grew out of, and was (still is) a hungry kid. Made for some bad stomach cramps for him and a lot of sleepless nights for us all. If he was asleep, we didn’t chance it. Hell even the dogs picked up on it. They’d be noticeably more quiet at night, as if they were saying “Don’t wake up the loud tiny human!”…lol.

And, the memory I have of the dogs looking up at me with that expression is every bit as priceless, especially now that they’ve been gone 1 and 3.5 years.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, BGleas said:

I gotta be honest, and to be clear this isn't a commentary on Mike Woodson nor a clamor to have Crean back, but when I see clips or old games from '11-'13 and the '15-'16 teams, I sometimes think Crean wasn't so bad. 

Those teams were so fun to watch and IMO are right up there with all the other fun, talented teams IU has had that didn't quite win titles. 

I miss those teams. 

I heard he was difficult to deal with…

injuries really derailed a potentially great team 

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Considering this was with my older son, I don’t regret it one bit. His first 3-4 months were brutal on sleep. As it turns out, he had a milk protein allergy that he eventually grew out of, and was (still is) a hungry kid. Made for some bad stomach cramps for him and a lot of sleepless nights for us all. If he was asleep, we didn’t chance it. Hell even the dogs picked up on it. They’d be noticeably more quiet at night, as if they were saying “Don’t wake up the loud tiny human!”…lol.

And, the memory I have of the dogs looking up at me with that expression is every bit as priceless, especially now that they’ve been gone 1 and 3.5 years.

Yep, I get it. Sounds like you did the right thing. I had a vision in my mind from my past, my kids were a little older. The crap they tell me now (their 29 and 26) that they remember, I wish I would gave them an even better "crazy dad" story to tell lol. Of course, this would have been after they were older and NOT having sleep/ illness issues. That's a whole different story. 

Go Hoosiers!  

11 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I heard he was difficult to deal with…

injuries really derailed a potentially great team 

I'm sure he was. Like I said, my post wasn't really a call for Crean to be back or even meaning IU shouldn't have parted ways. I was ready for him to go, and his time had run out for sure. 

But, his 5 year run from 2011-2016, while inconsistent in the middle, at least was fun basketball with probably the most success IU has had since 2002.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I'm sure he was. Like I said, my post wasn't really a call for Crean to be back or even meaning IU shouldn't have parted ways. I was ready for him to go, and his time had run out for sure. 

But, his 5 year run from 2011-2016, while inconsistent in the middle, at least was fun basketball with probably the most success IU has had since 2002.

I think as time goes on, the, “approval rating” so to speak, of Tom Crean will improve. Is he ever going to be an all time legend? No. But I think the general opinion will shift back to where it belongs: that he was above average but inconsistent. 

• Like 5