Merrimack Post Game

Inequality

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I thought overall we played well but we do have things to work on.  I know a lot is worried about turnovers and we do need to cut them down.  The best team in IU history the 76 team averaged around 16 turnovers a game.

That’s an interesting stat Scott. That makes me curious of the ‘76 teams average number of offensive possessions per game vs a recent IU team.

12 minutes ago, Inequality said:

That’s an interesting stat Scott. That makes me curious of the ‘76 teams average number of offensive possessions per game vs a recent IU team.

I think one thing is that they called tn game closer back then.  They didn't allow the palming of the ball or some of the traveling we see today.  

I looked at sports reference and that IU team TOV and don't know what the V stands for was 16.9

May 2.6

Benson 2.7

Buckner 2.7

Wilkerson 3.1

Edited by IU Scott

We have two basic issues that can take us from good to really good...

1) We need to be able to control the ball on defense...we cannot stay in front of quick guards, especially with our starting lineup...

2) we need to make the extra pass on offense...we have open shooters and people in the short corner on every drive and post touch, but we don't get them the ball enough...

If I were to add to the list it would be crisper ball movement...the rest of what we have going is good enough for top six conference and a tournament birth 

Edited by mchenry34
  • Like 3