Merrimack Post Game

Inequality

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I like what Duncomb showed 

I agree. While it’s hard to jump to conclusions, since he played at the end of a game against weak competition, it was good to see him do some things. Who knows, maybe he will be like the many Wiscy big guys that worked themselves into being good players their Junior and/or Senior years. 
Hopefully he earns more chances.

Was RP like a half second slow on everything tonight? Passes, guarding etc, he could not swing the ball every time he was the second man he just caught it and dribbled it and then thought about passing it to the man but it was too late ...swing that ball around guys 1 man, 2 man, 3 man shoot ...not 1/2....dribble dribble dribble pass or shoot.  Dang! Sorry I digress. 

11 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Was RP like a half second slow on everything tonight? Passes, guarding etc, he could not swing the ball every time he was the second man he just caught it and dribbled it and then thought about passing it to the man but it was too late ...swing that ball around guys 1 man, 2 man, 3 man shoot ...not 1/2....dribble dribble dribble pass or shoot.  Dang! Sorry I digress. 

Hmm i'm not sure what game you watched, but Rob had a pretty decent floor game, he didn't score well but did everything else pretty good. Even the commentators were talking about how effective he was.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Now.. I'm a huge CMW fan. 

Yep and he’s not gonna put up with lander complaining on Twitter in his own way without words. He knows what Woodson requires so go out and work on it harder if you want to get on the court. He just thinks he should get more time because he’s a 5 star. RP SUCKS but plays defense so that’s why he’s in the game because he knows what Woodson wants/needs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Yep and he’s not gonna put up with lander complaining on Twitter in his own way without words. He knows what Woodson requires so go out and work on it harder if you want to get on the court. He just thinks he should get more time because he’s a 5 star. RP SUCKS but plays defense so that’s why he’s in the game because he knows what Woodson wants/needs.

The RP bashing is ridiculous and unwarranted. A stellar student that does what the staff ask. The staff that didn’t recruit him at that. There isn’t a guard on the team right now that’s putting up an 18pt ave. But it’s pile on Rob because he’s in Landers way of playing time? Is it’s going to strengthen the pt argument if we convince others that he sucks? Good grief…

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Inequality said:

The RP bashing is ridiculous and unwarranted. A stellar student that does what the staff ask. The staff that didn’t recruit him at that. There isn’t a guard on the team right now that’s putting up an 18pt ave. But it’s pile on Rob because he’s in Landers way of playing time? Is it’s going to strengthen the pt argument if we convince others that he sucks? Good grief…

I honestly don’t care who plays the point guard position I just want them to do their job. IMO RP doesn’t do that on the offensive side. His defense is a completely different story and that’s why he plays over Lander IMO we lost at Wisconsin because of X not RP. The offense stalls when RP is in the game but I did like what I saw when X and RP were in the game together 

• Like 1

I would lime to see the light bulb come on for Geronimo defensively on the perimeter, because, personally I think we need to separate Kopp and Stewart. Offensively they are pretty much the sane with Stewart getting the nod over Kopp on defense which isn't an honor. Lander needs a fresh start somewhere he can play through his growing pains. The talent is there, he's not happen and it's in his head now. 

I think we will continue to get better. I noticed some subtle rotation changes. 

Let's see some 1st half Duncomb next game. 

7 hours ago, Inequality said:

I've been an advocate for KL getting minutes, but I thought Rob was fine yesterday - showed some aggressiveness with drives on the offensive end, had a nice assist to TJD, and played his usual solid defense. But, man, he's getting wide open 3s and just can't knock them down. It's really weird, and I'm hoping that he'll hit one soon and maybe get some confidence, because I'm not sure there's a need to guard someone shooting 17% from 3 if he doesn't start hitting them. 

As for KL, he was ok. Didn't really do anything special or too terrible, but was good to see him on the court for a bit. I can't speak for others, but I just want to see what he can do, especially when Rob is struggling or the second team offense isn't crisp. I'm sure CMW is already seeing what KL can do in practice, hence the lack of minutes. *Shrug*.