Notre Dame Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

50 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The amount of announcers that IU fans don't like confuses the heck out of me haha 

Why would it confuse you? I don't like Walton because he is an idiot during a game, Bardo is a doofus and Dakich is an asshole. It's almost as if different people have different taste so there should be nothing confusing about it. My liking or not liking an announcer has nothing to do with the Hoosiers.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The amount of announcers that IU fans don't like confuses the heck out of me haha 

I agree except……..

when  Walton did a 20 friggn minute interview with Bruce Hornsby, on a split screen, while our game was being played.  I couldn’t believe ESPN allowed that interview to drone on during the middle of a game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

Why would it confuse you? I don't like Walton because he is an idiot during a game, Bardo is a doofus and Dakich is an asshole. It's almost like different people have different taste so there should be nothing confusing about it. 

There's like an epically long list of announcers our fanbase doesn't like. And, yeah, obviously other people have different opinions... the fact it's talked about so much in game threads and post game threads is confusing and funny. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

There's like an epically long list of announcers our fanbase doesn't like. And, yeah, obviously other people have different opinions... the fact it's talked about so much in game threads and post game threads is confusing and funny. 

They are talking about something happening during a game, just like when TV Ted or some other ref would be talked about.

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If it's any solace, I don't like the same ones when I'm watching a non-IU game 😁

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The Bardo hate was inflamed when he went on and on wondering why they were even reviewing the Galloway injury play.  

Did we hate him before then?  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The Bardo hate was inflamed when he went on and on wondering why they were even reviewing the Galloway injury play.  

Did we hate him before then?  

Yeah, I actually liked him before that...unless he was doing an Illini game...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

Love Hummel.  He's the best IMO. 

Bardo is okay.  He's like that friend you dont invite to the party, but dont mind hanging around otherwise.  

I would be okay if Walton never announced another College basketball game

Bill Raftery is a fave of mine.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

I’m reminded of Cris Collinsworth. He says that fans of every team think he hates their team. 

One thing that’s annoying is in todays media, you have too many guys who openly root for teams.  Bill Simmons is a great example.  His view on Boston teams is unrealistic and annoying.  It’s like if he even has a good point about Dave Cowens, you just dismiss it immediately because he’s not credible.   Imagine if his takes weren’t polluted by his fandom. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Parker Stewart...

I wouldn’t mind seeing him come off some more screens.  I like him in catch and shoot situations when he gets to set up.  I like him less on the move or on the dribble.  

Kopp can hit a shot in the mid range where he dribbles to open area.  But he needs to be 100% controlled.  If he tries to do too much athletically, his shots don’t just miss.  He’s wild.  I think he’s calmed down in this respect.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing him come off some more screens.  I like him in catch and shoot situations when he gets to set up.  I like him less on the move or on the dribble.  

Kopp can hit a shot in the mid range where he dribbles to open area.  But he needs to be 100% controlled.  If he tries to do too much athletically, his shots don’t just miss.  He’s wild.  I think he’s calmed down in this respect.  

Me too...also like to get both some shots in transition...

• Like 1