New Series with Kansas

17 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Going to be tough games.  Since UK is afraid of Indiana, we went and got KU.

Good. I get that you need to schedule some easy games to get guys confidence and pump up the win numbers for the NCAAT selection, but we're not going to play a single ranked team in non-con this year. And I get that we're tied into challenges and don't control some of that, but still ...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Good. I get that you need to schedule some easy games to get guys confidence and pump up the win numbers for the NCAAT selection, but we're not going to play a single ranked team in non-con this year. And I get that we're tied into challenges and don't control some of that, but still ...

To clarify, was not complaining, really just stating the obvious.  Those are two tough games.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Natives are getting restless with him.  

That dude in the middle looks like he knows about as much about basketball as Sheldon Cooper.  Where is Casual Gamer Reed when you need him?

...and they dished on half the roster...can't shoot...not "Kentucky" players (whatever that is).  Hope Brooks is feeling the love and getting ready to collect those NBA millions!

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Lucky for us he has a lifetime contract.  If not they'd go out and lock up Holtmann or Drew.

You should check out their forum...looks like the Archie days over here and then end of Crean.

Also, I believe we are in a transition period right now.  There is a changing of the guard that is going to be occurring here real soon.  UNC already had theirs.  Duke is due up at the end of this year.  If UK keeps underperforming, I think Cal might decide "screw this" and move on.  I bet Boeheim leaves when his sons are done.  Izzo is getting up there. The old guard is about to completely move on.

And when they do, I don't see all these coaches rushing to get into the meat grinder.  I think many of those schools will have fans talking about grabbing the next big name but will come to find out that the names aren't really looking to leave.  So you are either hiring "in house" like UNC and Indiana just did or you are doing what Indiana tried before that and hoping to hit on and up and comer.

I think it is much harder to build established programs now then it was back in the 90's when teams like UNC, Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky started to separate themselves from the pack.  Transfers, one and done rule, 30 second shot clock....it is hard to build a program anymore because you are either having to hit on and develop every recruiting class or you have to have a revolving door of NBA players who are around for a year to consistently compete and that is hard to do.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That dude in the middle looks like he knows about as much about basketball as Sheldon Cooper.  Where is Casual Gamer Reed when you need him?

...and they dished on half the roster...can't shoot...not "Kentucky" players (whatever that is).  Hope Brooks is feeling the love and getting ready to collect those NBA millions!

Oh yeah, they were throwing everyone under the bus and putting it into reverse to make sure they got everyone.

• Like 1