Notre Dame Game Thread

KDB

Just now, BGleas said:

I mean, he's shooting 48% from the field, 46% from 3, and has a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio. He does need to improve there, but the criticism is way overstated. 

His teammates and coaches didn't do him any favors the last few minutes of the Wisconsin game. 

This half he's 1/5 (1/4 from three...not his strength) with 4 TO's. That will get an earful from a fan message board, especially after what happened in Wisky. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rev_AK said:

Love the comeback and the defense but hate that it had to take falling behind by 9. Can’t start off like that in places like Mackey.

If this team can cut hard and make solid passes, the team would be undefeated.  There is something about the processing in a player making decision offense with their passing.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

If this team can cut hard and make solid passes, the team would be undefeated.  There is something about the processing in a player making decision offense with their passing.  

It’s like no one ever taught some of these guys that the ball moves faster than the man. You’re not gonna put any pressure on defense dribbling around aimlessly. 

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, 02Hoosier said:

Rob set an off ball screen for Stewart to get an open 3 but we couldn’t take advantage of it there as nobody even looked that direction. Instead X tries drawing a foul instead of trying to actually score. We have to have better execution offensively. 

I was thinking about how lousy his IQ was. There was 7-8 secs left on the shot clock and for some reason we’re shooting it and giving ND a chance at the end with 12 secs instead of 4-5. 

I'll leave it at this (at least for now 🤣), I think we have a lack of appreciation for how difficult a job a guy like XJ has when literally nobody else on the court with him (TJD, Race, Stewart and Kopp) can create a shot or handle the ball. 

It's not an easy job, and was a big part of what happened the last few minutes of the Wisconsin game. He's trying to make things happen, which this team needs, and sometimes it gets him in a bad spot.

He's not perfect and he does make mistakes of course, but I think the criticism from fans is over the top. 

• Like 5

Just now, IUFLA said:

Word around the campfire is that Coach Woody rides XJ harder than anybody, and hopefully at some point it'll sink in...

Run the team...

XJ just needs to calm down and initiate the offense. He can get his drives to the baskets or threes if necessary late in a shot clock. But he needs to get the ball moving in the direction of TJD every possession. And as a side note, Kopp should be veteran enough to know he just needs to plant his feet and shoot from three. Every time he puts in on the floor, bad things happen...usually a really ugly shot. These two guys have enough experience to avoid many of the bad decisions they are making.