Notre Dame Post Game Thread

KDB

Needed that win, ND was a team feeling good about themselves after their Kentucky victory so it was good to beat them.

This Hoosiers team will have to rely on their defense until the offense catches up to it.

Great to see Rob getting his confidence back and starting to play pretty good. Also although his defense needs some work Leal has been giving the Hoosiers some good minutes.

Wesley is going to be a good one for the Irish

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Woody said before the season started of we could play good defense, we would give ourselves a chance to win. That’s what we did today and what our M.O. will be this year. It’s never going to be pretty this year so I’ll just enjoy the Ws however they come. 

But frustrating to imagine what could happen if Trace played hard for 2 halves and if we ran the ball against inferior teams.  

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Not a very well played game, but a win is a win. Results are what I’m after! I’ll be disappointed if we don’t take a 7 game win streak into Iowa City. OSU at home should be the only true challenge and being at AH we have to win those games!

If we play like today, no long win streaks this year.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You can't be serious. We'd be 7-5 without him and would have lost today. ND made their comeback once he came out. 

He was also 2-9 from three and 3-11 overall… he was supposed to be the guy who drives and gives our shooters/big men the ball. He did the same thing against Wisconsin and is why we lost. Once he missed 3 in a row impact the game another way. 

• Like 2

9-2 with 11-2 likely before conference starts. 20 win team and a tournament team. I'll go back to the 2-3 plays on D by Race and Leal along with extra passes...difference in game. Loved seeing Rob get his run. X is just a guy that is going to be good with the bad and I think I'm ok with that so far. Guard spacing for open 3 will get better when they know TJD is getting triple teamed.......some stuff to tighten up for sure. Love what Parker is bringing....but everyone is trying to figure out their roll. Long season. Winning while learning. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Needed that win, ND was a team feeling good about themselves after their Kentucky victory so it was good to beat them.

This Hoosiers team will have to rely on their defense until the offense catches up to it.

Great to see Rob getting his confidence back and starting to play pretty good. Also although his defense needs some work Leal has been giving the Hoosiers some good minutes.

I'm afraid the offense is what we're seeing right now.  We aren't a team of great shooters.  We have to win with defense.  We're rarely going to blow teams out...especially in conference.