Notre Dame Post Game Thread

KDB

7 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

True...but it's one game.  I simply don't believe we're going to shoot that way for the rest of the season.

There's only 12 teams in the country (out of 360ish) shooting that percentage so far this season.  So, that's hardly an indictment against the team

image.png.17fff15478acdb7ba8c164676c7b955e.png

And, for the record, we aren't exactly chopped liver.  49 out of 360ish is what, something like the 86th percentile?

image.png.8c8927a8d70724f8ffe5d3dd6eb43f21.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IUalum said:

Two things.  "Interesting" officiating.  I don't think much of what was called will be fouls in the BT.  Took a lot away from the game IMO.  Still trying to figure out how we lost out on the Flagrant 1 (no play on the ball) and end up negative points.

We see the best and worst every game.  A little more of the worst in this one.  Early lazy passes or trying to make a hero pass.  Once they settled down it got better.  A few out of context shots, early in the possessions. Maybe it was the finals and long lay off.

BT is right around the corner.  Don't know if I am excited or not. 

My guess is since the technical happened after the foul.  

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

My guess is since the technical happened after the foul.  

That entire sequence was absurd. The T on Stewart was awful. 

I also thought it was really weird how earlier in the game Race was called for an awful foul, and Brando went on and on about how these are veteran refs and they'll T him up so fast and for even the slightest thing. 

It was really weird and Brando was saying it like it was a good thing or something. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

That entire sequence was absurd. The T on Stewart was awful. 

I also thought it was really weird how earlier in the game Race was called for an awful foul, and Bardo went on and on about how these are veteran refs and they'll T him up so fast and for even the slightest thing. 

It was really weird and Bardo was saying it like it was a good thing or something. 

That wasn't Bardo.  Announcers were Tim Brando and Jimmy Jackson.  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

IU's team, sorted by Win Shares Per 40 Minutes.  If you're not familiar with the stat, it's an indicator to how much of an impact you make in regards to helping your team win while you are on the floor.  X looks pretty important by this stat.

image.thumb.png.d644939303e3ccaacea55d64d62656ec.png

interesting.....and look who is 14

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I truly want to see Durr succeed sooo bad! His hands are just not strong around the basket. Every time he brings the ball down low it’s gets hacked and swiped at. Usually, 9 out of 10 times he loses it. 

Yep and I say to myself why did you bring the ball down go straight back up… Race is so good at quickly getting the ball back up or tipping it in. Surely Durr played 21 tips growing up lol.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There's only 12 teams in the country (out of 360ish) shooting that percentage so far this season.  So, that's hardly an indictment against the team

image.png.17fff15478acdb7ba8c164676c7b955e.png

And, for the record, we aren't exactly chopped liver.  49 out of 360ish is what, something like the 86th percentile?

image.png.8c8927a8d70724f8ffe5d3dd6eb43f21.png

That number is going to keep going down if Johnson shoots more threes than Kopp and Stewart combined.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm looking at the box score before heading out....X was +16 today while on the floor. Just a thought. 

Imagine how much better we’d be if he made better overall decisions! Wondering if he understands he can be that energy, get to the basket, dish guy who plays tough D without taking poor shots, being out of control, and making stupid fouls. 

I really wish we would run Kopp and Steward through the lane and across the court off screen to get some screen to get them open. We run a little bit of the weave at the top and feed the post and then everyone stands there waitin for a pass out.  No one ever moves much.  And if TJD would stop holding the ball with one hand then baseball passing it out, i would appreciate that.

Good Win, need more lander, less Rob and XJ :P 

18 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Imagine how much better we’d be if he made better overall decisions! Wondering if he understands he can be that energy, get to the basket, dish guy who plays tough D without taking poor shots, being out of control, and making stupid fouls. 

Imagine how much better we will be when we get Tamar Bates, and Galloway back. 

A bunch of Negative Nancy's think this team sucks. Honestly, I'm asking those negatives, what are your expectations?

This team will mature and I believe will surprise us.  

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 6

Take the win and keep working. The defense continues to lead the way, but they have two more 'tune up' games to work on the offense and clean up the turnovers. 

Stll not sure why they feel the need to throw up threes early in the shot clock when they can get the same shot late in the clock. And I'd rather X try to drive and dish or get to the line when his threes are not falling.

The other thing that is odd is why they sometimes hurry their shots when they have time to set their feet. There are times I'm not sure Miller even sees the rim until the ball leaves his hand. What's the rush? Parker is pretty fast also but he's having more success with it. Feels like they are handicapping themselves more than is necessary.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Imagine how much better we will be when we get Tamar Bates, and Galloway back. 

A bunch of Negative Nancy's think this team sucks. Honestly, I'm asking those negatives, what are expectations?

This team will mature and I believe will surprise us.  

We have this every year, with every team, with every coach.  There are the die hard we're the best team in the country and we have no ceiling fans.  There are the we're the same shitty team we have last year folks.  And the spectrum across the board.  Many of the complaints are legit and although harder to understand when we win, are still legit.  There are also legit points that we're a better team than the last 4 years combined.  

None of this changes the fact that I have been trying to reach about your cars extended warranty and you keep ignoring me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We have this every year, with every team, with every coach.  There are the die hard we're the best team in the country and we have no ceiling fans.  There are the we're the same shitty team we have last year folks.  And the spectrum across the board.  Many of the complaints are legit and although harder to understand when we win, are still legit.  There are also legit points that we're a better team than the last 4 years combined.  

None of this changes the fact that I have been trying to reach about your cars extended warranty and you keep ignoring me.

I'm truly sorry if I'm wrong.

Educate me on my cars warranty, honestly had no idea and im lost in the insurance world.

When did you you try to reach out to me about my cars warranty?  

I'm 36 and have only owned 2 trucks and 3 cars in my life.  Been working on shit since I was 10 years old.  I do all my own work and put 350,000 plus thousand miles on multiple vehicles.   

None of which had a warranty because they all expired before I owned them.

Oh, my grandpa also had a body shop, and me and my uncle Jim built dirt track cars that he raced. Pretty sure I know my way around a vehicle. 

So WTF are you talking about? I don't need a GD warranty.  I do it better, cheaper when I do it myself. 

So provide some proof you reached out to me. You can't, because you never have. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I think Parker Stewart is a great shooter...when he's stepping into it, it's almost automatic...

Our problem as I see it (and those with more knowledge of the intricacies of the game can chime in) is teams are going to dare our point guards to shoot while sticking to our 2 more reliable outside shooters...I thought both TJD and Race did a good job of passing out of the double team at the end, but could only find Rob or XJ with their man sagging 10 feet off of them...I know XJ's 3 numbers are good now, but with the tighter defense of the Big 10, that water will find its level...

We have to get Stewart more than 4 shots a game...as of right now he's 27-54 from 3...right at 50%

BTW, Illinois only beat the Irish by 10 in that dump in Champaign...

My wife is from Illinois and took me to that disgusting space barn, then I showed her Assembly Hall and showed her the way. 

I agree about P. Stewart, we have a couple shooters on this team. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm loving all the positive energy after a P5 win.😝

Holy hell, it wasn't the best game but we won and if you can't see the improvement in defense and shooting compared to the last few years,

I know a couple guys named Harry and Lloyd from Rhode Island that will sell you a parakeet with its head ducked taped on while they drive a dog van to Sunny Aspen in winter looking for a Readhead named Samsonite. 

Holy shit, where's the Tylenol. 

Honestly, what the hell do some of you expect?

Absolutely.  Coming off finals week, and playing a sluggish first half, I thought IU showed some grit to find a win on a day they were not at their best. 

• Like 1