Jump to content

Notre Dame Post Game Thread


KDB
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

I'm afraid the offense is what we're seeing right now.  We aren't a team of great shooters.  We have to win with defense.  We're rarely going to blow teams out...especially in conference.

Oh, we have the shooters, just not the right ones taking them...

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jv1972iu said:

I'm afraid the offense is what we're seeing right now.  We aren't a team of great shooters.  We have to win with defense.  We're rarely going to blow teams out...especially in conference.

While the Hoosiers aren't Golden State they are still better then we have been in awhile. They shot 40.0% on 3s this game and Stewart and Kopp are probably two of the best shooters the Hoosiers have had in awhile. Coach Woodson has stated since the start that the defense is ahead of the offense and that it would take time for it to catch up. I think the offense will improve as the season goes on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You can't be serious. We'd be 7-5 without him and would have lost today. ND made their comeback once he came out. 

I’m very serious. I would boot him from this roster any day.. and if you’re saying that Xavier is the only reason we’re not 7-5 then that’s pretty sad… considering how terrible our non-conference schedule is. Says a lot about this team as a whole if that’s the case. 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I’m very serious. I would boot him from this roster any day.. and if you’re saying that Xavier is the only reason we’re not 7-5 then that’s pretty sad… considering how terrible our non-conference schedule is. Says a lot about this team as a whole if that’s the case. 

It is so painfully obvious that this team is better with XJ on the court. He makes a lot of mistakes but he does things that nobody else can do on this team. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

It is so painfully obvious that this team is better with XJ on the court. He makes a lot of mistakes but he does things that nobody else can do on this team. 

He totally nullifies what he does well with his poor play. He does more bad than he does good… why in the hell is he shooting 9 3’s a game?! He shot more than Stewart and Kopp combined. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On X, IMO, I can grit my teeth through the mistakes attacking the rim in transition. It’s when he takes shots, particularly threes, early in the shot clock that I get frustrated. I do think we’ve played our best basketball of the year he has been on the floor. He might not be the best, but he’s the best we have right now. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Several things…

First and foremost, they beat a P5 team away from home, which some people here were kvetching about 

Second, they seemed to learn from the Wisconsin game. When ND came back and tied it, we didn’t cave. Instead, we put the foot on the gas and finished out the game.

Third, cannot diminish what Leal did out there. Other than the over aggressive foul on the missed free throw, he provided some quality minutes.

Finally, and I did not hear if the explanation was given, but we won without Bates. Not the biggest missing piece, but still he was missed. Why wasn’t he playing this game?

All in all, a game we needed to win, and a game we did what we had to do 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Several things…

First and foremost, they beat a P5 team away from home, which some people here were kvetching about 

Second, they seemed to learn from the Wisconsin game. When ND came back and tied it, we didn’t cave. Instead, we put the foot on the gas and finished out the game.

Third, cannot diminish what Leal did out there. Other than the over aggressive foul on the missed free throw, he provided some quality minutes.

Finally, and I did not hear if the explanation was given, but we won without Bates. Not the biggest missing piece, but still he was missed. Why wasn’t he playing this game?

All in all, a game we needed to win, and a game we did what we had to do 

Spot on about Leal. 
 

Bates had a death in his family and had to go home. No injury there. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh, we have the shooters, just not the right ones taking them...

I said great shooters...and I stand by my statement.  Night in and out it's going to be our defense that will have to rely on.  We aren't going to average 75 pts per game in conference play.  JMHO.   😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

What I saw today was KL being engaged, laughing and congratulating his teammates on time outs.

 I know that this is a forum to discuss and debate, but it gets old really fast hearing the same stuff from the same people 

Very true

he can and will earn is time as his defense gets better. If he sticks it out he can get major minutes in the years to come. If he can’t see that and out in the work to get there. Then he can go. For the record, I like him and think he has a big future at IU. Judging how he was in the sideline, I think he believes that as well

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...