Jump to content

Northern Kentucky Pre Game Thread


IUFLA
 Share

Recommended Posts

When: Wednesday, December 22nd 7 PM EST

Where: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

TV: BTN

Northern Kentucky Norse record so far...Coming off a season where they went 14-11 (11-7, 4th in Horizon)...Coached by Former Western Kentucky star Darrin Horn...Horn was at one time an assistant at Marquette under Tom Crean...Horn has also been the head coach at his alma mater, Western Kentucky, and South Carolina (208-134 overall)...

image.png.df4f159813451da346efa0580a4c465e.png

Side note: Alice Lloyd must be one heck of a player :D 

image.png.382852b70c011dc96df7f63fb5befd01.png

Rotation guys stats...

image.png.e2b0048c92a8d4d1225486393d385387.png

Look to be very guard oriented as they only started one frontcourt player, Adrian Nelson, last game...and he's only 6'7...

No real standout but a balanced team...Picked 4th in the Horizon League this year...

Highlights of their loss to DePaul...

We should have an easy time here...they really don't have an answer for TJD and Race...Be a good game to get our guards squared away and work on running our offense...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game is important in that IU needs to play a clean game. It can't be one of those throw it all over the place, look disinterested, still win by 15+ and think everything is ok. I hope CMW has really pushed them this week.

I'd also like to see Lander get some time over the next two games. If he can't get in against NKU or UNC Ashville it's difficult to see him playing in conference games barring an injury.

Also watching to see if CMW only plays about 7 - 8 guys again. I know Bates was not available for the ND game but of late against the better teams he has limited the minutes for some. Even in 2OT with Cuse he only played eight guys 10 or more minutes with JG getting four and Durr getting five.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I'm looking for in this game is flow on the offense. We've had spurts where our offense has looked really good and other times not so much. Otherwise get out of this one injury free and send the kids home for the holidays....and remind them to be safe when getting together with others this weekend.

Week from Sunday we start Big 10 play and don't need any of these guys missing time because of the Big10's protocols.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hoping to see the offense actively working to get Parker and Kopp more open looks from three. I don't expect this game to be that close, so I am also hoping to see Lander and Logan get lots of minutes tonight as well. Logan missed that three game stretch when he could have probably gotten lots of time on the court...so he can use some real game action.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I am hoping to see the offense actively working to get Parker and Kopp more open looks from three. I don't expect this game to be that close, so I am also hoping to see Lander and Logan get lots of minutes tonight as well. Logan missed that three game stretch when he could have probably gotten lots of time on the court...so he can use some real game action.

I don't know...I think Lander might get some significant time, but the way Coach Woody works, I'd be greatly surprised to see Duncomb get anything beyond mop up minutes...

Durr could certainly use some meaningful time out there...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

This game is important in that IU needs to play a clean game. It can't be one of those throw it all over the place, look disinterested, still win by 15+ and think everything is ok. I hope CMW has really pushed them this week.

I'd also like to see Lander get some time over the next two games. If he can't get in against NKU or UNC Ashville it's difficult to see him playing in conference games barring an injury.

Also watching to see if CMW only plays about 7 - 8 guys again. I know Bates was not available for the ND game but of late against the better teams he has limited the minutes for some. Even in 2OT with Cuse he only played eight guys 10 or more minutes with JG getting four and Durr getting five.

I agree with wanting to see a number of guys getting more playing time against a team like NKU and hope we play, as you said, a clean game.

That being said, overall I don’t think the number of minutes or players Woody has played has been bad/unusual.  It’s true that we played 8 guys 10+ minutes against Syracuse but Syracuse only played 7 guys 10+.  Against ND IU played 7 guys 10+ minutes (with Galloway and Bates both out) and so did ND.  When UK played ND they played 6 guys 10+, and one that played eight, while ND played 7 guys 10+.  The Zags beat TT by 15 the other night and 7 guys got 10+ minutes for the Zags while TT had 8.   Most teams do not provide meaningful minutes to 9-10+ players.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know...I think Lander might get some significant time, but the way Coach Woody works, I'd be greatly surprised to see Duncomb get anything beyond mop up minutes...

Durr could certainly use some meaningful time out there...

Yeah, I don't disagree with you about Duncomb. I just want to get a chance to see him play, since I doubt we will see him much at all in Big Ten play and I think he will need to be a contributor next season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah, I don't disagree with you about Duncomb. I just want to get a chance to see him play, since I doubt we will see him much at all in Big Ten play and I think he will need to be a contributor next season. 

I have a feeling we will see everyone on the bench tonight at some point. 😀

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...