Xavier Johnson

IUFLA

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

We have one poster that literally said ship him back to pit just a few days ago

One. How many people are on this site? Thousands? Let's add in the handful of other people who have made extreme comments about XJ. You're still talking about less than 0.1% of fans. There's always going to be idiots on any fan site, but the overwhelming majority of IU fans don't hate XJ. I also get that this is nitpicky semantics, and apologies for taking it in that direction, but the word "haters" is generally used by people who either can't take constructive criticism, or want to exaggerate a situation for clicks.

Edit: Feel free to ignore this and continue discussing the actual content, and again, apologies for the tangent. I just hate the word hate, especially when it's used in this manner. 

Edited by AxnJxn

2 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

One. How many people are on this site? Thousands? Let's add in the handful of other people who have made extreme comments about XJ. You're still talking about less than 0.1% of fans. There's always going to be idiots on any fan site, but the overwhelming majority of IU fans don't hate XJ. I also get that this is nitpicky semantics, and apologies for taking it in that direction, but the word "haters" is generally used by people who either can't take constructive criticism, or want to exaggerate a situation for clicks.

Edit: Feel free to ignore this and continue discussing the actual content, and again, apologies for the tangent. I just hate the word hate, especially when it's used in this manner. 

Hate is strong but "female dogs be hating" is what we are talking about here.  This isn't racism hate or real hate.  "Haters" in the true sense of the word is those dogging on a person= haters.  Nothing neat as serious as actual hate.  Just my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Hate is strong but "female dogs be hating" is what we are talking about here.  This isn't racism hate or real hate.  "Haters" in the true sense of the word is those dogging on a person= haters.  Nothing neat as serious as actual hate.  Just my opinion.  

I didn't say anything about racism. WTH? And, yes, I'm familiar with how the term "haters" is used, I just think it's generally used by thin skinned people that can't take any sort of criticism, whether it's valid or not. 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Indykev said:

People are booing him. I dont know if IU players are making enough money yet to be booed.

One thing we haven't really mentioned is that not only did XJ get booed, but shortly after the crowd erupted in cheers when Woodson took XJ out as he walked to the bench. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

One thing we haven't really mentioned is that not did XJ get booed, but shortly after the crowd erupted in cheers when Woodson took XJ out as he walked to the bench. 

It certainly is a new age we live in. Not to say it wasn't headed this way before.....but since COVID...seems the worst has been festering in us and been unleashed at so many of the innocent people around us.....from airline stewards to these kids...people just seem to want to take their anger out in any way they can. Very sad to see. It is almost like being locked up for 2 years with no outlet but a toxic social media world and the way people talk on there when people got the chance to once again go out in public again they don't know how to turn off their a-hole social media personalities and it's bled out into the real world. Crazy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've never even boo'ed the other team....let alone my own. Not sure I even understand the point. Seems pretty childish. That said I've yelled at the officials from time to time....and of course said some things in my own home so I shouldn't throw stones. Not sure if alcohol was being sold but that too is usually not helpful.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

One thing we haven't really mentioned is that not only did XJ get booed, but shortly after the crowd erupted in cheers when Woodson took XJ out as he walked to the bench. 

Yeah, that's absolutely disgusting behavior and has no place in IU's fanbase.  I'd expect that kind of crap from UK's fanbase, but I had a little higher expectations for IU fans.  I can understand why Woody is pissed...just embarrassing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, that's absolutely disgusting behavior and has no place in IU's fanbase.  I'd expect that kind of crap from UK's fanbase, but I had a little higher expectations for IU fans.  I can understand why Woody is pissed...just embarrassing.

They booed loudly last year at the B1G tournament. Probably the last straw to getting CAM fired.

I agree, doesn’t belong. But not new either 

• Like 2