Bowl Games

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

They can only play another team that loses their bowl due to covid

Imagine logistics...yikes. I mean I'm sure the CFP will play no matter what scenario...and half of Alabama would still leave 50 5* players regardless so they would be fine...but I wouldn't be surprised to see it cause havoc with that too.

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Any service team beating any bowl eligible team is noteworthy. 

If so only because the CFP did not have the balls to move Michigan to #1

Not the SEC fault, I agree, UM should have been #1. There was no reason Bama jumped them.. while Bama did "thump" UGA, it wasn't some OSU UW beat down that got them in F4. Plus, UM drilled Iowa, absolutely nothing there to say Bama should move ahead of UM, nothing. 

Now.. if they just don't want a Bama/UGA rematch in the semis, I wish they'd just SAY that. 

Michigan played 1 bad quarter of football. Alabama absolutely should have been beaten by Auburn. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

We’re losing guys like crazy. Few injuries and a few academic issues. Likely without 4 of our top 6 WR’s. Woof. 

The only bowls that matter are the bowl of our favorite team and the Playoffs…sorry to hear that for you guys. While I may not watch any bowl games except my own teams I know I would be upset if IU had those issues. Good luck 

On 12/26/2021 at 8:45 PM, 5fouls said:

Have zero interest in the college bowl games any more.  Used to watch a ton of them every year.  Not sure I will watch a single one until the Rose Bowl and the playoff games (not even sure which Bowl Games make-up the playoff this year).  

JMO, but the BCS/CFP have ruined New Year's Day and the bowl system in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

JMO, but the BCS/CFP have ruined New Year's Day and the bowl system in general.

Used to be you watched multiple bowl games because the top 3-4 teams didn't play one another for a championship. It was like an eye test for the NC and depending on how each team took care of business decided who the NC would be. Also, lets be honest...if you lived in B1G country the SEC, ACC, PAC12, BIG12 was rarely on tv....maybe a big rivalry game or just a major matchup so it was your one time a year to see them and measure them....now with games on all over all available with these network agreements there is no mystery....you've seen them all year...and you already know how bad or good they are and no reason to tune in...imo.

• Like 1