Bowl Games

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

3rd/4th best B1G team beat the ACC champ. They also won 2 NY6 bowls.

Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Maryland all dominate P5 opponents. Penn State had no one playing against Arkansas, Iowa got beat in a pick'em, and the other loss is the best team in the country. 

6-3 finish. 

UK fans are ecstatic this morning...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

UK fans are ecstatic this morning...

They've solidly positioned themselves in the second tier of the east after Georgia. UK, UT, and  Florida if they can ever get their act together.  Stoops has the exact blueprint UK needs to succeed; recruit Ohio, Georgia, Florida, and Nashville, along with Kentucky's best.  Staff continuity is also huge.

Hope Allen can get us there consistently as well, although the B1G East and SEC east are MUCH different levels currently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

They've solidly positioned themselves in the second tier of the east after Georgia. UK, UT, and  Florida if they can ever get their act together.  Stoops has the exact blueprint UK needs to succeed; recruit Ohio, Georgia, Florida, and Nashville, along with Kentucky's best.  Staff continuity is also huge.

Hope Allen can get us there consistently as well, although the B1G East and SEC east are MUCH different levels currently. 

Currently correct

42 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We have installed 1 set of numerals at the airport and just finished the set on monument circle today. We will be installing at convention center and the team hotels tomorrow 

sc.jpeg

IMG_7032(1).jpg

Nice.  What is your commission on the signage?

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Complaints in the Iowa pregame thread over late starting basketball games.

I can guarantee that this game won't end until close to 12:30

Right. This is also a NC game lol 

The start time isn't the biggest problem with this game, it's the day of the week. Why isn't this game played on a Saturday? 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The start time isn't the biggest problem with this game, it's the day of the week. Why isn't this game played on a Saturday? 

Yeah I never understood why a college championship game can't be played on Saturday night when the vast majority of college games are played on Saturdays? The NFL could have scheduled their Saturday games at 1 and 4:15 and the college championship could have been at 8:00 Saturday night. I imagine they have some reason for having it on Monday night, but I don't get it.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Television ratings and ad spend. Prime time weeknight. Same reason NC game in basketball is on a Monday night. Screw the fans that travel and work.  

4 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Television ratings and ad spend. Prime time weeknight. Same reason NC game in basketball is on a Monday night. Screw the fans that travel and work.  

Yeah, yeah, I get it. I just think they'd be surprised how much they could make on a 7pm kick on Saturday. Try it one time. Idk. 

• Like 2