Bowl Games

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The top 10-20 programs should form their own conference and league and the rest stay in college football.  It is always the same teams every year that finish at the top in the rankings and recruiting.

2/4 teams in the CFP hadn't been there. It was only UGAs 2nd time. You have to beat Bama regardless of what format you want to go to. This isn't basketball where there are regular upsets. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

2/4 teams in the CFP hadn't been there. It was only UGAs 2nd time. You have to beat Bama regardless of what format you want to go to. This isn't basketball where there are regular upsets. 

That is why I don't watch a lot of college football because it is not very entertaining or has any drama.

Just now, btownqb said:

Which has never, ever came close to happening in football. 

But you have the same teams out of a group of 6-8 every year that actually has a chance to win a championship.  If you want the best team be the champion every year then why play the games.  You shod just go back to the old system where the champion is voted after the bowl games.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

But you have the same teams out of a group of 6-8 every year that actually has a chance to win a championship.  If you want the best team be the champion every year then why play the games.  You shod just go back to the old system where the champion is voted after the bowl games.

Isn't the idea of a championship to find the best team? 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Isn't the idea of a championship to find the best team? 

For personally I enjoy the way college basketball crowns the champion over college football.  I rather see upsets and not the same teams getting to the final four every year.  I like to see programs like Gonzaga that can come out of no where to be a legit program that can compete for championships.  In football you would never see a Butler,VCU or George Mason ever get a chance to compete for a championship.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For personally I enjoy the way college basketball crowns the champion over college football.  I rather see upsets and not the same teams getting to the final four every year.  I like to see programs like Gonzaga that can come out of no where to be a legit program that can compete for championships.  In football you would never see a Butler,VCU or George Mason ever get a chance to compete for a championship.

... Cincinnati was JUST in a final 4 game. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The top 10-20 programs should form their own conference and league and the rest stay in college football.  It is always the same teams every year that finish at the top in the rankings and recruiting.

Always the same teams?  Literally, half the teams in this year’s final four had never played in the event.  And a third hasn’t won a national title in this format and have only played in the national title game once.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Always the same teams?  Literally, half the teams in this year’s final four had never played in the event.  And a third hasn’t won a national title in this format and have only played in the national title game once.

I said you have pretty much the same teams competing every year.

Alabama.

Georgia

Clemson.

OSU.

ND.

LSU.

Oklahoma

Yes this year you had a team like UC get in but they probably wouldn't have gotten in if OSU and Oklahoma had won.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Alabama.

Georgia

Clemson.

OSU.

ND.

LSU.

Oklahoma

Yes this year you had a team like UC get in but they probably wouldn't have gotten in if OSU and Oklahoma had won.

Duke, UNC, KU, UCLA, Kentucky

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Alabama.

Georgia

Clemson.

OSU.

ND.

LSU.

Oklahoma

This event started in 2014 and Georgia has played in it three times.  LSU has only made it once.  ND has only made it twice.  Michigan St., Washington, UC, and Oregon have made it as many times as LSU.  I get that you’re tired of Clemson and Alabama.  I am too.  But that doesn’t mean other teams don’t get in.

And for a so called lack of drama I think it’s funny that you’re making comments about it at 2:00 in the morning.  Clearly it has your interest.

• Haha 1

I'm so glad Herbstreit, Howard, and Pollack are dissecting the guys sitting out. Those three aren't happy with dudes sitting out. 

If these bowl games don't matter, why did they ever matter? 

You played the bowl because you're a football player and you loved playing the sport. You loved being with your teammates on the field. 🤷‍♂️ They were competitive. That's from three dudes who played D1. One of them winning the lands highest award.

Flat out, I don't believe this generation is that competitive. Watching their teammates lose in a bowl game should hurt them so much there's no way you could possibly sit out. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

Big day in confidence pool. Need Penn St(hate picking them), Iowa, Ok St (if ND wins though it's ok), Ohio St....and Ole Miss/Baylor is a toss up but I went Ole Miss.

It's going to rain all day in Indy. Quick run to the gym and store and be back by 1 or 130 for literally a day of consumption. No matter how much glitter the CFP has taken away it's still NYD and these bowl games are awesome...especially the big boy at 5pm EST because to me it's still the biggest of them all. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm so glad Herbstreit, Howard, and Pollack are dissecting the guys sitting out. Those three aren't happy with dudes sitting out. 

If these bowl games don't matter, why did they ever matter? 

You played the bowl because you're a football player and you loved playing the sport. You loved being with your teammates on the field. 🤷‍♂️ They were competitive. That's from three dudes who played D1. One of them winning the lands highest award.

Flat out, I don't believe this generation is that competitive. Watching their teammates lose in a bowl game should hurt them so much there's no way you could possibly sit out. 

Sadly, NFL millions trumps CFB.  

• Like 1