Northern Kentucky Post Game Thread

KDB

Nice easy win.

Defense got a little lackadaisical at times in the second half, but overall still pretty good.

Rob playing better and better is going to be big for this team. 

Trayce and Race might be one of the best, if not the best frontcourt duos in the country.

Would love to start seeing a little bit more of Logan.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

Very happy with effort tonight and thought the offense was pretty good.  Defense was great in the first and let up in the last 10 minutes.  It was 61-34 with 10 minutes to go and it appeared we let up which is human nature.  To me I compare it to playing pickup basketball.  You play hard the first hour or so and actually play a game.  The last half hour you get tired and you start just playing street ball and have a lot of cherry picking.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

There's a maturity level thing that Lander just doesn't have yet. It's mental. It's vision. He has the physical ability, but all of the gears just are not quite messed yet.

WTF is the JG free throw form? I understand his construction is like a midget with 7' arms (that isn't meant as a slam, he's a specimen of a physical beast), but holy cow.

Tamar, Just keep staying the course. Don't rush the monkey (as my dad used to say). You got this man. Patience and listen to instruciton.

I've little more to add. I was unexpectedly distracted from most of the game.  Which pisses me off. 

• Like 3

I was at the game. First this year. XJ plays to fast for his own good, bring it down a gear and we'll all love him.. Rob on the move with the ball misses the open man every time. He's taking it to the hole and thats it, to hell with who comes open. Race cant guard the 3 point line at all. The 2nd unit does not trust Durr or Jordan and the ball sticks on the outside. Either Race or TJD need to be in the game at all times. Kopp got beat every time on D. Leal had good mins tonight, nice to see. Parker in the dog house, not good. TJD was a man playing with little boys tonight. By year 3 and 4 we will love Logan Duncomb. I've eaten bigger meals than Tamar Bates, kid needs a gains program now. Fun to be at AH again, you see a lot more live.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I was at the game. First this year. XJ plays to fast for his own good, bring it down a gear and we'll all love him.. Rob on the move with the ball misses the open man every time. He's taking it to the hole and thats it, to hell with who comes open. Race cant guard the 3 point line at all. The 2nd unit does not trust Durr or Jordan and the ball sticks on the outside. Either Race or TJD need to be in the game at all times. Kopp got beat every time on D. Leal had good mins tonight, nice to see. Parker in the dog house, not good. TJD was a man playing with little boys tonight. By year 3 and 4 we will love Logan Duncomb. I've eaten bigger meals than Tamar Bates, kid needs a gains program now. Fun to be at AH again, you see a lot more live.

I mentioned in the game thread that Durr and Geronimo cannot be playing together. Our 2nd unit was awful tonight. I hope someone on the first unit speaks to them about their careless play this evening. I think we need to shorten our bench to 8-9 players. 

Edited by Hoosier987

40 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I mentioned in the game thread that Durr and Geronimo cannot be playing together. Our 2nd unit was awful tonight. I hope someone on the first unit speaks to them about their careless play this evening. I think we need to shorten our bench to 8-9 players. 

In his post game interview, Coach Woodson mentioned that very thing. Getting Durr and Geronimo to play better together is definitely on his mind.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Not necessarily the answer I was looking for, I'm also not owed anymore than that. 

Moving on.. hopefully Parker corrects the problem. 

We were speculating during the game.  If Duncomb gets three games for a fraternity fight, half of a game is likely for a minor infraction...maybe being late to practice, being sloppy in practice...likely not a big issue, but Woody appears to run a tight ship and that move was designed to get the players' attention.  I don't think you'll see players driving drunk or running over teammates on his watch.  If that happens, you'll see a reaction that Woody's coach would be proud of.  All my opinion here, but I'd be surprised if Parker's infraction was anything we'd consider serious based on the "punishment".  Woody is showing he simply won't put up with it.  He's very much like Knight in that regard and I love it.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

We were speculating during the game.  If Duncomb gets three games for a fraternity fight, half of a game is likely for a minor infraction...maybe being late to practice, being sloppy in practice...likely not a big issue, but Woody appears to run a tight ship and that move was designed to get he players' attention.  I don't think you'll see players driving drunk or running over teammates on his watch.  If that happens, you'll see a reaction that Woody's coach would be proud of.  All my opinion here, but I'd be surprised if Parker's infraction was anything we'd consider serious based on the "punishment".  Woody is showing he simply won't put up with it.  He's very much like Knight in that regard and I love it.

Hey for sure, I agree.  

4 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Nice easy win.

Defense got a little lackadaisical at times in the second half, but overall still pretty good.

Rob playing better and better is going to be big for this team. 

Trayce and Race might be one of the best, if not the best frontcourt duos in the country.

Would love to start seeing a little bit more of Logan.

Logan seems so much better than Durr I would love to see more of him too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I like Rob a lot better when he is playing with XJ

Rob seems to play much more aggressive and better against lesser foes. Like he KNEW he could take his man tonight and finish. It just raised his confidence and in a game where we were in control he seemed to play free. Wish we'd get that same Rob in tighter/tougher games. It's like he has the schedule in his locker and knows which teams he is going to play differently against.

Jordan Jordan Jordan. Love his talent and athleticism and his heart. Will definitely develop into a fine player for us.....but his decision making is attrocious. Worst passer on the team and trying to dribble in traffic. Then he will show beautiful touch on a 3 or go up high to grab a rebound....or honestly Rob should have pitched it back for a monster jam on that fast break....like that stuff you salivate over with him. Still young so have to live with it.

Leal...getting better for sure. Would like to see him be aggressive to get past hard close outs and develop a little jumper. Defense is improving and he isn't a liability. If Galloway doesn't regress it deepens our bench when he comes back.

Bigs dominated...as they should against a small team. Like when they share and look for each other.

XJ...mostly pretty good from him. Obviously the most athletic guard on the court last night...could do what he wanted...but mostly stayed under control.

Lander.....not sure he is worth much of a mention. He is basically out of the rotation and I don't see him getting back into it given he can't even keep N Kentucky unathletic guards in front of him or defend them. Hope he keeps working and wants to stay and get better. He needs A LOT of work. Has the athleticism and court vision to be special...but doesn't have the focus and drive to narrow in on what is in front of him to defend. All talk on why he isn't playing ahead of Rob now seems foolish and should be put to bed. It's frustrating because I think we all see the potential in him...but only he will be able to do the work and put in the effort to get there. Hope it happens at IU and not somewhere else...but if it does...well that's on him.

Duncomb has a nice touch on his shot....think he is going to be a nice PF for us in the future! Maybe Kirk Haston like?? Would be nice to pair with a more athletic/shot blocking and low post presence in the future.

Does anyone know if Durr can dunk? Has it been confirmed....love the effort...good kid...wow wish he has an ounce of athleticism lol.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3