Movies

MoyeCowbell

19 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

That’s awesome! Hope you all enjoyed the trip. I know NYC can be a lot for some people, but if you do it right it can be magical. 

For sure. Once all this is over we plan to go back. Burgers and SHakes at the Black Tap in SoHo was off the charts great. We had so much fun. I never felt any less safe there than anywhere else we have gone and more so than being in Indy. Ayden was introduced to some nudity and such that was not good but all in all a great time. I survived driving an XL SUV in NYC so that is something to hang my hat on. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

For sure. Once all this is over we plan to go back. Burgers and SHakes at the Black Tap in SoHo was off the charts great. We had so much fun. I never felt any less safe there than anywhere else we have gone and more so than being in Indy. Ayden was introduced to some nudity and such that was not good but all in all a great time. I survived driving an XL SUV in NYC so that is something to hang my hat on. 

I bet parking was not fun though!

If you do make it back, I recommend at least a day or an afternon in Brooklyn. The view alone of Manhattan from Brooklyn Heights in incredible. That and all of the best restaurants/shopping are now in Brooklyn. In the past few years they have opened some decommissioned sailboats as “on the water” restaurants. Pretty cool to have a meal with this view! 

CE0B7025-FE58-4683-820B-367A8C970EB6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Sorry to hear about the nudity. I still remember my first sets of, well you know.  Was with my dad fishing on Lake Monroe. A group of ladies on a cabin cruiser. It was like the final scene of dumb and dumber but no tops. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Recently watched Ghostbusters Afterlife and Free Guy. Thought both were pretty good especially Ghostbusters. 

I was just coming here to recommend Free Guy. I really got into the movie. 

We also took the kids to see Uncharted this weekend. It was entertaining but one of those movies that you just have to laugh about the leaps in the plot, physics and logic. haha. The kids loved it though. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 9:16 AM, tdhoosier said:

I was just coming here to recommend Free Guy. I really got into the movie. 

We also took the kids to see Uncharted this weekend. It was entertaining but one of those movies that you just have to laugh about the leaps in the plot, physics and logic. haha. The kids loved it though. 

Played all those games on playstation...there were some holes in some of those plots too but the games were great fun and had great characters....not sure how the Spiderman kid and Walberg would fit the bill but I'm sure it was a nice casual fun movie.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Saw my first movie in a theater in a couple years. Wife and I went to watch Dog last week. Was pretty good. Theater pretty empty on a Friday night. Might go more often if anything good comes out. 

We saw Spider-Man in theater a couple months ago.  I dig the recliners. 

• Like 1

Just now, Reacher said:

There are several theaters around me that have had the recliners for at least 3-4 years.

Some have whole theaters with them and ours has the top 2 rows of each theater with them. My wife loves to get there early so it works out well. I can tell you if the movie is not good I will be snoring

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Some have whole theaters with them and ours has the top 2 rows of each theater with them. My wife loves to get there early so it works out well. I can tell you if the movie is not good I will be snoring

If it was up to me I'd walk in the theater 10 minutes after showtime- just in time for the last of the previews. My wife is like yours and we have to be there 15 minutes before showtime so we can get a drink and popcorn and get to our seats. The theaters we go to have reserved seats so there is not even pressure to get a good seat!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We saw Spider-Man in theater a couple months ago.  I dig the recliners. 

Theaters sure have improved since I was a kid... recliners, beer, good food...

Too bad 90% of the movies Hollywood turns out is crap any more...

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

If it was up to me I'd walk in the theater 10 minutes after showtime- just in time for the last of the previews. My wife is like yours and we have to be there 15 minutes before showtime so we can get a drink and popcorn and get to our seats. The theaters we go to have reserved seats so there is not even pressure to get a good seat!

Very nice. My wife won't sit anywhere in the lower 2/3 must be eye level or above. We love lots of butter in our popcorn. Neat hack from Bob and Tom use a straw on the end of the butter nozzle to get all your popcorn saturated. As you can see I worry a lot about my health.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Theaters sure have improved since I was a kid... recliners, beer, good food...

Too bad 90% of the movies Hollywood turns out is crap any more..

Crap, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  Batman has replaced Hamlet, it seems.   🙄

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

What I learned from the Oscars last night...

Rock beats scissors. Scissors beats paper. Will Smith beats Rock.

Tasteless joke if he in fact knew of her condition. Maybe he didn’t as most people don’t.

Tasteless reaction from Smith on National tv as well. I can’t see him doing the same thing to a Duane Johnson or someone bigger than him had they cracked the same Joke. Handle it back stage.

8 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Tasteless joke if he in fact knew of her condition. Maybe he didn’t as most people don’t.

Tasteless reaction from Smith on National tv as well. I can’t see him doing the same thing to a Duane Johnson or someone bigger than him had they cracked the same Joke. Handle it back stage.

Its a joke. Regardless of it he knew or not. I agree it was tasteless but That is what comedians do. Will thought it was funny until Jada gave him the look. Chris Rock showed a heck of a lot of class can't say the same for one of my favorite actors in Will Smith. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Its a joke. Regardless of it he knew or not. I agree it was tasteless but That is what comedians do. Will thought it was funny until Jada gave him the look. Chris Rock showed a heck of a lot of class can't say the same for one of my favorite actors in Will Smith. 

It was indeed a joke but with a very odd punchline.