Movies

MoyeCowbell

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I'm not on trial. Thanks though! I don't need your lecture. 

Just a question. You justified Juwan Howard's slapping of an assistant coach as well. I can only presume you think an uncontrolled act of violence is ok for any perceived slight

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Gotta side with @btownqbon this one.  It was lame because you made it personal, suggesting he would be publically called out for some act of violence.

We can have this discussion without resorting to that type of jab. Disagreement is fine and a foundational block of a message board.  

Not "personal" at all. My  point to @btownqb is that violence over a perceived slight is not an appropriate action. In public or private. He seems to think it is an appropriate response. It can, and should be handled differently. And it can escalate into tragedy.

Think this father wishes he could take back his "hand gesture?"  

We live in a dangerous world sometimes. Millions of people have seen what Will Smith did. Justifying it in any way is insane to me. 

It was a friggin joke. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just a question. You justified Juwan Howard's slapping of an assistant coach as well. I can only presume you think an uncontrolled act of violence is ok for any perceived slight

Not "personal" at all. My  point to @btownqb is that violence over a perceived slight is not an appropriate action. In public or private. He seems to think it is an appropriate response. It can, and should be handled differently. And it can escalate into tragedy.

Think this father wishes he could take back his "hand gesture?"  

We live in a dangerous world sometimes. Millions of people have seen what Will Smith did. Justifying it in any way is insane to me. 

It was a friggin joke. 

I justified it huh? lol  Just stop quoting me. It'll be a lot easier. I don't really have any want or need to converse with you. 

You can assume whatever you want about me then. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Saw "Top Gun: Maverick" last night. Very good, but could have been better. Don't want to spoil it for anybody else...

It did get the aviation juices flowing. I told my wife about a time at Scott AFB when an F-15 had come over from St Louis. The McDonnell-Douglas plant was there at the time and the test pilots would come over to Scott and do practice approaches. When I coordinated his RTB to STL, the STL controller said if I could have him at 11,500 by the end of Scott's runway (7,038 ft at the time) he'd take him. I asked the pilot if he could do that... His answer was, "heh, heh, heh."

Fighter jocks are some cocky SOBs... But, they have a right to be... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 8:24 AM, tdhoosier said:

Watched that Hustle movie on Netflix yesterday with Adam Sandler and it was a really good basketball movie. A ton of cameos and even basketball players did some acting. Kenny Smith and Anthony Edwards were not that bad of actors!

I watched it last night and thought it was excellent. 

• Like 1

I’ve never been a big movie person, but trying to get there. I’m probably one of the few people on this planet who hasn’t seen many marvel movies. I’ve seen 3, I think. Anyway, Disney+ has a category to watch them chronologically, so I’m doing that. 

I’m about to start Thor, but skipped Captain Marvel. I watched the beginning and was very bored lol. Really liked the first two Iron Man’s and Captain America: The First Avenger. 

In case anyone on here still buys movies, Target has buy 2 get 1 free on their movies/games/books right now. It is also letting you include it on the preorders. I don't  buy as much as I used to since I stream a bunch, but I still purchase my favorite movies and I bought the new Top Gun movie (preorder).

Also, Amazon has some stuff buy 2 get 1 free, but not a large of selection.

I'm not sure how long this sale is going on for.

On 5/30/2022 at 7:55 AM, IUFLA said:

Saw "Top Gun: Maverick" last night. Very good, but could have been better. Don't want to spoil it for anybody else...

It did get the aviation juices flowing. I told my wife about a time at Scott AFB when an F-15 had come over from St Louis. The McDonnell-Douglas plant was there at the time and the test pilots would come over to Scott and do practice approaches. When I coordinated his RTB to STL, the STL controller said if I could have him at 11,500 by the end of Scott's runway (7,038 ft at the time) he'd take him. I asked the pilot if he could do that... His answer was, "heh, heh, heh."

Fighter jocks are some cocky SOBs... But, they have a right to be... 

We saw Top Gun Maverick over the weekend at Alamo Drafthouse and we both really enjoyed it. Am not that big of a fan of action movies and don’t know or care about planes, but it was still entertaining. Liked that Val Kilmer was in it. And Jennifer Connolly is also a huge bonus!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

We saw Top Gun Maverick over the weekend at Alamo Drafthouse and we both really enjoyed it. Am not that big of a fan of action movies and don’t know or care about planes, but it was still entertaining. Liked that Val Kilmer was in it. And Jennifer Connolly is also a huge bonus!

I don't know when USAF aviation is gonna get the picture and see what movies like "Top Gun: Maverick" do for recruiting...

"An Officer and a Gentleman"

"Top Gun"

"Top Gun: Maverick"

Not to mention the Blue Angels video "Dreams"

Whenever we had an airshow at Eglin and the Thunderbirds performed, the Blue Angels would just "happen" to be practicing somewhere close (they were based on Pensacola) and would come over and do their mini-show...

It was no contest... 

• Like 1