Penn State Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Not crazy about the start time.  A football Sunday during the playoff push?

Me either. Some of the Big 10 scheduling this year is really weird. Sunday at Noon for us next week too up against NFL..followed by a Monday night at 6 at Nebraska up against NFL playoffs again. 

Really poor tv schedule.

• Like 1

Far from an easy game but “on paper” this is one of our most winnable BT road games. BIG, BIG game in regards to our tourney hopes as we really need to pick up a couple of road wins to go dancing. Losing won’t be the end of the world but it will make the journey to the tourney more difficult. 

Edited by IU878176
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because there are very few blowouts in tbe conference especially by the road team.

Yes, more often than not blowouts don’t occur for the road team in conference play, however, I think they do happen more than you’re aware…case in point, for the very early part of the season we’ve seen Michigan win at Nebraska by 35 points ( make no mistake, Nebraska has a better home court that PSU), Minnesota win at Michigan by 10 and OSU win at PSU by 12. I don’t have time to look at every BIG team, but there may be more.

PSU is a perennial bad BIG team. I’m not saying a blowout will happen but it could happen, we also may lose. If we lose, make no mistake, it’s a bad loss regardless of venue. There’s no moral victory in losing at PSU. If we finally want to take that next step that we’ve failed to do in the last 20 years (minus the ‘02, ‘08, ‘13 teams) then this is a game we need to win.

• Like 1

Men's Basketball and MSU is favored by 3 pts. Northwestern is very good this year. Won't be easy for anyone going onto their home court.

I like the time. Means less people will be there due to watching the FB games, plus the students are gone, so should be very close to a neutral court game.

We are favored by 4 pts. now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU878176 said:

MSU at Northwester is on BTN at 2:00 followed by our game at 4:00. Statistically that’s means there is a 90% chance the MSU-Northwestern game goes into overtime.

I just don't understand why the networks are so horrible at timing these basketball games? It's so frustrating. 

• Like 1