PSU Post Game Thread

Inequality

I think it is time for me to take a break from message boards because there are to many morons on here who make be dumb statements.  It is always on the coach or the AD but maybe you need to look at the players as well.  We are now on our 6th coach and probably 5 AD's in the last 22 years so just changing coaches and AD's haven't changed a thing.  

I still stand by my thinking that our fans has been part of the problem.  Reading the game thread makes me think this more and more.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Just a terrible loss. 

IU is still severely hampered as a program with our talent level at the guard and wing spots. 

I'm not talking about high school ranking, I mean actual college talent. We don't have shot makers. We don't have anyone on the wing or at the guard spots that can consistently break their man down and step back to knock jumpers and 3's down. 

PSU hit numerous difficult 3's as the shot clock was winding down, IU has nobody who can do that. 

I mean, neither do they normally. Just like always, they play twice as good against us as they do the rest of the year.

Sure, it's disappointing, but it's no referendum against IU at this point. We also shot significantly worse from three than usual.

I’m not overly surprised. I’m not angry, either. Mostly I’m just disappointed to consider how far this program has come. And then to consider how long the road is to get back to where we would like to be is mind boggling. These caliber of opponents used to be handled relatively easily. For the first time I genuinely believe we have the right staff. I just don’t know how long it is going to take for the needed cultural shift. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think it is te fore to take a break from message boards because there are to many morons on here who make be dumb statements.  It is always on the coach or the AD but maybe you need to look at the players as well.  We are now on our 6th coach and probably 5 AD's in the last 22 years so just changing coaches and AD's haven't changed a thing.  

I still stand by my thinking that our fans has been part of the problem.  Reading the game thread makes me think this more and more.

Fans don't dictate results. We lose games because we have soft players and our culture stinks. Really that simple. 

• Like 7

I’m not going to give up on this team. But, we could be in for another frustrating year. Just not there yet. My only real criticism of CMW is the really long stretches in the first half of almost every game where the bench comes in for entirely too long. I think CMW needs that opportunity to learn the flow of the college game again. This team still has a lot to learn on the mental aspect of the game. Maybe some of the current rostee never will. CMW needs the same courtesy that we offered Archie and Crean to instill his system and his players. Like before, it could turn out to be a trial run that doesn’t work out. Not ready to make that call just yet. Frustrating day for sports, but we’ll suit up and try again next time

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just a terrible loss. 

IU is still severely hampered as a program with our talent level at the guard and wing spots. 

I'm not talking about high school ranking, I mean actual college talent. We don't have shot makers. We don't have anyone on the wing or at the guard spots that can consistently break their man down and step back to knock jumpers and 3's down. 

PSU hit numerous difficult 3's as the shot clock was winding down, IU has nobody who can do that. 

I hope Hood-Schifino is ready to play next year.  Even if he is, it definitely wouldn't hurt to add another wing scorer from the transfer portal, preferably one that can create their own shot.  

• Like 2