Apathy

6 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Not feeling apathy. Angry. Disappointed. Frustrated. 

Trying to see the positive. CMW is doing what he knows to be right. He has to establish the culture. Pretty clear he has a large number of players that don't understand or are not willing to put team over self. It's a fight that has some challenges he did not see as a player but are necessary to fight through. The current mindset of kids. The portal option. Both are fighting against what he is trying to build. But if you want the IU of old then you have to build it from the ground up. 

I feel safe saying there is no other coach in the country that would suspend five at one time for team rules violations, especially when the season hangs in the balance.

What should happen is TJD and Race, the true leaders of the team, should call them together and make it clear this is not acceptable. What these five did was disrespect their teammates, coaches, and the fans. They may have just stolen the tournament from guys who've worked like crazy to get in for the first time.

All I want from the five now is to show up, follow the rules, and  play all out. I don't need to hear anything from them. I'd prefer not to hear excuses or apologies - they can do that with their team and the coaches. I don't need to see them in the news, pre-game, post-game, blogs, tweets, etc. Just show up. Play hard. Keep your mouths shut.

Unfortunately X has already taken to social media to say he will bounce back. Like you I don’t need to hear anything, rather just show me!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Unfortunately X has already taken to social media to say he will bounce back. Like you I don’t need to hear anything, rather just show me!

99% agree with the two of you. The other 1% is, communicating in a professional focused way AFTER you have proven through action that you deserve the stage. X's comment was not needed yet, but I view it as short and sweet "OK, I get it, I've got some work to do that I created for myself and will diligently do".

Once they walk the walk consistently, I think the final growth step is to actually finish the journey with maturely talking the talk.  

If you are Apathetic, Then as a fan you just don't care enough. 

I know I know, I am on a roll tonight. Oh, You need to be better. I am sick and tired of these apathetic post, you may be here to make @#$@ing apathetic post but I am sick and @%#@ing tired of these apathetic post in this conference. If you make anymore @#%$@ing apathetic post I will troll you like you never @#$%ing imagined. <insert CBK Emoji>

😁 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I know I know, I am on a roll tonight. Oh, You need to be better. I am sick and tired of these apathetic post, you may be here to make @#$@ing apathetic post but I am sick and @%#@ing tired of these apathetic post in this conference. If you make anymore @#%$@ing apathetic post I will troll you like you never @#$%ing imagined. <insert CBK Emoji>

😁

Alrighty then...  😎

16 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

😁

Scott is that you

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Oh come on man. The first sentence is an obvious Mr Obvious type joke.

The rest is a twist on the CBK famous half time speech. Why lump me in with him when this was obviously funny. 

I was joking around with you. I shouldn't have taken it that far and called you that.  For that i apologize 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...