Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

I had no problem with Brunk until he started acting all Training Day “King Kong” after a few shots over Durr. Glad TJD decided to drive Brunk to school

Right.  Brunk got dunked on 2 or 3 times by TJD before he took that ball of his noggin.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

This win was two firsts for IU this year:

1) first win vs a ranked team

2) first win without x number of “why isn’t KL playing” posts.

I think we’re all just used to KL holding down a chair. I’m probably in the minority but I would like to see more from Lander, Geronimo, Bates and Leal. Just not all at once.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Trey is perfect for the bench. Sixth man. He can eat on second units. His lack of shooting is a vulnerability in a starting lineup IMO. 

HIS lack of shooting is a vulnerability??  There are a few others in the starting lineup where that applies.   🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Xavier played just ok regardless of his +/-. He's got to make more shots. He was at his best dishing. 

He was best dishing. Had a spurt early in the second half when he was shooting, and missing, too early in the clock. Woody sat him and he came back in and played a much more controlled game.

Lots of positives…Trey, TJD, Rob, second half ball movement, NINE (9!!!) turnovers, won the boards 41-33 and the D was great.

Couple of “wish it had been better” items. Three point shooting was terrible. I’ve been wanting Bates to get more minutes but he looked very out of sync. Lost on D and took a couple of wacky shots.

• Like 3

Holding that team to 51 is something I won't forget this season. Same team that beat up Duke. As I come down from the high of a win I have to remember our peaks/valleys....and it's a long season. Our guys are still learning how to play with each other as well. The defense though on the screen help without losing their own guy was impressive.

Amazing how a few days energizes the tribe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Amazing how a few days energizes the tribe.

This was a HUGE win. The difference between being 1-3 or 2-2 in the conference can’t be overstated. It would have been a tough road to be 1-3 and need 2 wins just to get back to .500.  Let’s get at least 2 of the next 3.

• Like 4