Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

55 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think you're right, he's so skilled, athletic and smart. If Galloway had a jumper, IU would be on an entire different level, I think Galloway is that good. 

He does appear to finish at the rim a lot better this year than last year, so maybe the jumper still can come. Last year he wasn't a threat to score at all, this year he just isn't a threat to score from deep. He's progressing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He does appear to finish at the rim a lot better this year than last year, so maybe the jumper still can come. Last year he wasn't a threat to score at all, this year he just isn't a threat to score from deep. He's progressing. 

Maybe, the "tick" more space Kopp or Stewart added helped some too? Or that would be the idea, right? 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

This might sound odd, but Trey might be our 2nd most skilled offensively player 😂

He passes well, cuts well, consistently breaks his man down off the dribble, finishes reasonably well, will offensive rebound well with time(maybe does now, not sure)... again.. and overall won't hurt you, often. 

🤷‍♂️

Idk. But tonight felt good for the team, I'm sure. 

Agree he is skilled in a variety of ways. Watch out if he can add being a threat from 12’ to the three point line. As someone else mentioned, other teams will scout him and and sag off so to round out his offense he needs to be able to make them pay from 12’ out.

I had to pick some kids up at the airport so i watched the game on my phone....did we watch 40 mins of good Basketball? I did dvr the game, going to watch right now. TJD is 2 different guys home and away. I think CMW needs to do the old trick with the tape measure with TJD and show him the hoop is ten feet every where not just at home. Great win. On to the next.

• Like 2

I have wanted to see Kopp as the 6th man. The problem I had, who replaces him in the line-up? Who's presence on the floor would show an obvious improvement in our teams play? 

Pretty obvious after the first minute of Galloway getting into the game he could score half the points in the first unit as Kopp and make us twice the the team. 

• Like 2

Best full game we played all year (obviously). Have to say, i liked Brunk when he was here, but the ball off the beaner was pretty good comedy. As others have noted, we’re going to have to figure out how to take this on the road, but this should build some confidence, which was high on the list of things that this team has struggled with. 

Also really enjoyed TJD going around and high fiving anyone within reach - players, coaches, managers, fans, etc. Impossible not to love this kid, and his comment after the game about getting IU back to where it needs to be was good stuff. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Nice to see I was not the only one that feels you have to learn how to win games. Maybe CMW heard the same thing I did from Coach Knight. 

Also gotta learn not to rest on your laurels in the Big 10. Minnesota is a competitive team...

I always heard Coach was harder on the team after a blowout win in preparing for the next opponent...

• Like 2

A great win that was much needed for many reasons. The energy and effort were the best in a long time. The defense was swarming. OSU never got comfortable and by the end Liddell was clearly frustrated (shot 3-12). OSU had to hit some very deep threes to get to only 51 points. The switches and help were very good. Also great to see the wings fighting over screens. 

The shooting wasn’t good, but Stewart and Kopp were getting open looks. Those should  start falling. 

Loved how they kept the defensive pressure on late. Gave OSU no chance to steal the game at the end.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Big win, didn’t like X Johnson taking the first 6 shots in the second half. He needs to move the ball. 

His minutes were on par with the rest of the games this season, but I think there was a 7-0 run for IU in the first half where he wasn’t in.  

he came in later in the second half to help close game, but with Trey hopefully emerging, could very well cut into his minutes.  

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm much more worried about the last 5. 

I'm not sure Galloway is one of our 10 best basketball players but he's an important part of our most effective 5.

It will be disappointing to know that CMW has a Tom Crean approach to his starting line-up and rewarding performance, if Galloway didn't just earn a start. 

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

This might sound odd, but Trey might be our 2nd most skilled offensively player 😂

He passes well, cuts well, consistently breaks his man down off the dribble, finishes reasonably well, will offensive rebound well with time(maybe does now, not sure)... again.. and overall won't hurt you, often. 

🤷‍♂️

Idk. But tonight felt good for the team, I'm sure. 

I said this last year. Trey is our second best player. 

• Like 3