Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, ba43056 said:

I'm not sure Galloway is one of our 10 best basketball players but he's an important part of our most effective 5.

It will be disappointing to know that CMW has a Tom Crean approach to his starting line-up and rewarding performance, if Galloway didn't just earn a start. 

Prepare to be disappointed...

I think we've seen that Coach Woody isn't going to change the starting 5 unless someone is injured, did something that requires disciplinary measures, or the difference in play is just so stark, he has to change it...

TJD

Race

Stewart

Kopp

XJ

20 minutes ago, Bustout said:

His minutes were on par with the rest of the games this season, but I think there was a 7-0 run for IU in the first half where he wasn’t in.  

he came in later in the second half to help close game, but with Trey hopefully emerging, could very well cut into his minutes.  

how would trey cut into XJ's minutes?

you would think it would be more of Kopp, P stew, and Bates. XJ, RP, or KL have to be on the floor to run the point

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, ba43056 said:

I'm not sure Galloway is one of our 10 best basketball players but he's an important part of our most effective 5.

It will be disappointing to know that CMW has a Tom Crean approach to his starting line-up and rewarding performance, if Galloway didn't just earn a start. 

I'm not sure what in the heck TC has to do with this. We are better with Galloway off the bench, it balances everything out. You can't have THAT many non shooters on the court together. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Prepare to be disappointed...

I think we've seen that Coach Woody isn't going to change the starting 5 unless someone is injured, did something that requires disciplinary measures, or the difference in play is just so stark, he has to change it...

TJD

Race

Stewart

Kopp

XJ

There is no reason to. The exact opposite of what they do in the NBA. One really good 19 minute segment doesn't mean you should start. Roll with how it works, not how you want it to work. (I don't actually mean "you"). You can't have 4 complete non shooters out there on the court. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Don’t be insufferable and then come here to celebrate a win

i totally agree.  i know i am generally pessimistic and critical, but it drives me crazy when people act like one loss is the end of the world, but then turn around and act like one win and we're Final Four bound!  we are what we are.  great win last night!  bad loss last game.  unfortunately wins on the road are gonna likely be few and far between for this team.  personally i just hope we at least make the tourney this year.  i'd like to see more Galloway, Geronimo, and Leal.  not necessarily saying any of them should start.  i'd just like to see Kopp and Stewart pulled more often if they aren't hitting.  they really don't offer much else and Leal can shoot just as well as either of them with more touches and shots.  the other two bring a lot more energy.  johnson and rob drive me crazy.  i was about to say i'm a bigger fan of Rob at this point, but the numbers don't really support it.  

• Like 2

Watched the game recorded this morning. Great energy. Great win. I hope these guys can find the consistency to play with this much heart and emotion every game. 

Read this morning's paper, and Trey gave specific props to Cliff Marshall for keeping him in shape while he recuperated from surgery. Where's our resident Cliff basher now that his value is publicly expressed by a key team member? 

Go Hoosiers! Get on a roll.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Watched the game recorded this morning. Great energy. Great win. I hope these guys can find the consistency to play with this much heart and emotion every game. 

Read this morning's paper, and Trey gave specific props to Cliff Marshall for keeping him in shape while he recuperated from surgery. Where's our resident Cliff basher now that his value is publicly expressed by a key team member? 

Go Hoosiers! Get on a roll.

Oh man, I am so glad you brought that up. 

Eric Gordon liked this tweet, as well. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Huge fan of both Dustin and ITH. But they are both dead wrong here.

It is a sporting g event, o. Our home court.

Nobody is wanting physical harm. Nobody wants bad things gs to happen to him. Heck, most people seem to really like Joey.

But, he got booed. That is "harshness" should stop?

Heaven forbid in 2022 somebody should get booed. 

Good grief. 

I’m guessing Brunk will recover from the emotional trauma. He asked for it a bit. Realize he was reacting to some good plays, but a former player on an opposing team celebrating at AH won’t be well received. 
Can you imagine if a PU player transferred to IU and did that at Mackey?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’m guessing Brunk will recover from the emotional trauma. He asked for it a bit. Realize he was reacting to some good plays, but a former player on an opposing team celebrating at AH won’t be well received. 
Can you imagine if a PU player transferred to IU and did that at Mackey?

I agree, this is what makes sport, fun right? Competition? Rivalries? Not liking the guy across from you, but respecting him? Idk. There are other things to worry about. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's almost like-- if you hit your FTs (15-18), don't turn it over (9 total), keep them out of the paint (under half of their shot attempts were from 2), and don't give up offensive rebs (we gave up 5).... you will give yourself a REALLY good chance to win. 

Amazing isn't it? I know the box score never tells the entire game but staring at ours this morning and yep....those 3-4 numbers just staring at us saying do this and we will win!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Galloway earned MINUTES last night.  He did not earn a start.  Each lineup put on the floor has its own dynamic.  All the pieces need to fit, and the team on the floor should have a matchup advantage on the opponent.  For example, under no circumstances should TJD and Durr be on the floor at the same time.  It just wouldn't work.  The coaches know that.

Galloway has the type of game that can help a lot of different lineups. Could he help the Starting 5?  Maybe, maybe not.  But, from my perspective he helps the second 5 more.  He moves the basketball.  With Rob at the point, the second 5 has not had anyone that does that well.  The starters have X, and he does an adequate job moving the ball when he isn't fixated on shooting.  Rob simply does not do that well, nor does anyone else in the second 5.  With Trey on the floor with Rob, it makes the 2nd unit so much better. 

Not saying there aren't times where you can have both X and Trey on the floor.  You take advantage of those when the opportunity presents itself.  Nothing wrong with having two guys that move the ball around the court.  But, from my perspective, when Rob comes in for X is the perfect time to bring Trey in for Kopp/Stewart.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 6