Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

I loved look on Trayce’s face when the reporter asked Trey….(I paraphrased)

Reporter asks….”Trey are you surprised at how well you played since being out for so long?”

TJD’s immediate reaction….34DB54A4-1A9F-4D60-84B9-CA2F81D2F783.jpeg.a70d0ad8420ccaa823270291101c6268.jpegA1C4968F-4279-423C-BFAA-92920349DCFF.jpeg.955490f12919eaf5f0eb385f00b09719.jpeg

You think Trey Galloway lacks ANY confidence? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Galloway earned MINUTES last night.  He did not earn a start.  Each lineup put on the floor has its own dynamic.  All the pieces need to fit, and the team on the floor should have a matchup advantage on the opponent.  For example, under no circumstances should TJD and Durr be on the floor at the same time.  It just wouldn't work.  The coaches know that.

Galloway has the type of game that can help a lot of different lineups. Could he help the Starting 5?  Maybe, maybe not.  But, from my perspective he helps the second 5 more.  He moves the basketball.  With Rob at the point, the second 5 has not had anyone that does that well.  The starters have X, and he does an adequate job moving the ball when he isn't fixated on shooting.  Rob simply does not do that well, nor does anyone else in the second 5.  With Trey on the floor with Rob, it makes the 2nd unit so much better. 

Not saying there aren't times where you can have both X and Trey on the floor.  You take advantage of those when the opportunity presents itself.  Nothing wrong with having two guys that move the ball around the court.  But, from my perspective, when Rob comes in for X is the perfect time to bring Trey in for Kopp/Stewart.

Agree on all points...

If I'm not mistaken, Trey was on with 4 of the starters (I think Kopp was on the bench) for about the last 5-6 minutes of the first half...about the time we were gaining momentum...

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Just curious. We’re the boos before or after his little celebration? 

After he was flexing at the crowd. Our media is crap. Just go watch Holtman's presser with the OSU'S media. CMW would crap himself if he were questioned like that after a loss. Dustin is a soy boy at best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

This game will be on the same time as the Colts NFL playoff clinching game.

Better crank up the DVR....

Would be nice to get to DVR the Colts game.  However, I live in the Louisville television market which has an obsession with the Ravens due to Lamar Jackson.  Sigh.  

Go Colts.  Go Hoosiers.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think we got good contributions from a lot of places last night. I know people were saying Galloway should be starting over Kopp but heck...when the lead got tight midway through the second half Kopp had a couple really nice baskets as well. Don't get me wrong. Trey and Trayce really opened that game up with their energy the last 5-6 mins but when OSU was on the verge of taking the lead...we got contributions from several guys like Rob, Race, and Miller.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Good for Trey! He could have got down on himself after his injury...not been ready to play. Kid just looked like he was shot out of a cannon last night....played at a whole different speed then anyone else out there on the court. Kudos to knocking down his free throws too!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Poor TJD probably gets shafted often bc we expect what he does. Sounds like an intelligent kid so I’m guessing he understands ….-the value, importance of confidence needed from the other guys. 

TJD knows who the man is. He is a humble and intelligent kid.

Edit: He’s also very unselfish. Personally, I’m ok with him pulling a Jordan and putting up 25 shots per game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Poor TJD probably gets shafted often bc we expect what he does. Sounds like an intelligent kid so I’m guessing he understands ….-the value, importance of confidence needed from the other guys. 

Agree.  I’m always citing his leadership, which I think is excellent.  

Human nature.  People often don’t gush over the star player.  I’m as guilty as anyone but I try not to do it.  “Who is your player of the game?  I’d say Jones.  He gave us a real spark with two big threes, a steal and a great pass.” Actual stats. 8 points 3 rebounds, one steal and 2 assists.  Meanwhile Smith had 22 and 13 with 4 blocks. 

• Like 3

I really think this is the type of win that can give the team momentum and confidence to start closing out some of these close games. Trey coming back might give this team the kick in the backside they need to get over the proverbial hump. They lost three close games they very well might, and I would argue would have won, with Trey playing. During the Archie years, IU would get a big win and could never really get on any kind of meaningful winning streak. Let's hope this is about to change with CMW in charge.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Two other things from last night...

Did anybody else notice that Parker Stewart was cutting hard off of screens and seemed to be more energized on defense? I know it didn't yield much in the way of results, but it's an encouraging sign to me...He also had a couple of nice drives/dump offs to Trayce...

The other thing is, how in the world di they not call a foul on EJ Liddell on Trey's lob to Trayce? When I saw it in real time, I was shocked at the force Liddell hit him with...I mean, I loved the bucket, but Trey could have been really hurt (again)...

I have been thinking the same thing. Trey got blasted! At worst he should've had a free throw in addition to TJD's dunk. 

But more importantly, I'm glad that he popped back up without injury. Hell of a performance.

• Like 3