Indiana HS football 2022

39 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

There is a strong rumor going around that SAC will be making some big changes soon. Apparently they are planning to open up the conference and switch to Divisions, Small/Big. Saw it on GID, so I thought it would be interesting to share on here

Who would they be adding?

1 hour ago, landrus13 said:

The WIC did this a few years ago when they added the schools from the West Central. They use a big/small division setup. They had a "conference championship" game as well with the rest of the conference playing a "playoff" game. They quit doing the title game already.

why? 

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Big news out of the Fort.  The SAC is "shaking" things up with the football scheduling.

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/summit-athletic-conference-creates-divisions-for-football-starting-in-23/

Don't see anything wrong with trying it. We've dealt with "scheduling issues" for a while now because there were 9 football playing schools in our conference, so we only got one non conf game per year. 

This past season one of those schools dropped out of the conference so we were able to pick up an average team compared to having an atrocious one. 

There is still one other team that I pray they leave the conference, so we can pick up another big school on our schedule. 8 of the 9 schools we play now are larger than us, if we are able to make that move it'll be 9/9. 

Anyways,  kudos to the SAC for willing to try something. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, they took away the “Big” school, “Small “ school designation because Dwenger is smaller than 3 of the schools that would have been in the small school division.

Nice try SAC. 

Just play a round robin schedule as always and let the best team win. 

And I am looking forward to seeing Snider vs. Warsaw and Mishawaka vs. Dwenger...lol

My sources have not been exactly correct on this as things keep changing.  I think it's fair to say that this has all been much more fluid than I was led to believe.  Too scared isn't correct.  I'm now being told there is a good chance this isn't over.  We will see if that turns out to be accurate or not.  

Edited by thirdgenhoosier

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

My sources have not been exactly correct on this as things keep changing.  I think it's fair to say that this has all been much more fluid than I was led to believe.  Too scared isn't correct.  I'm now being told there is a good chance this isn't over.  We will see if that turns out to be accurate or not.  

Lots of moving parts 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 6:36 PM, btownqb said:

There is still one other team that I pray they leave the conference, so we can pick up another big school on our schedule. 8 of the 9 schools we play now are larger than us, if we are able to make that move it'll be 9/9. 

They have had a viable alternate conference sitting there waiting for them for several years.  If they didn't drop when the other school did, not sure they ever will.

It seems to me they are content in other sports since they play in the 2A sectional.  They arent competing against the other conference schools in the postseason.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

They have had a viable alternate conference sitting there waiting for them for several years.  If they didn't drop when the other school did, not sure they ever will.

It seems to me they are content in other sports since they play in the 2A sectional.  They arent competing against the other conference schools in the postseason.

Pray, I said I would pray. Lol 

It's still not over, just yet. We don't need to pick up Madison out of generosity though. 

On 1/13/2022 at 2:56 PM, Seeking6 said:

Carmel and Center Grove going independent. Not sure what that will mean for scheduling in 22 but pretty big changes coming for 23 is my guess.

I saw that HCC wants a positive relationship in the future with Carmel and Center Grove. So I am assuming we might be seeing some teams possibly scheduling them in the near future 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I saw that HCC wants a positive relationship in the future with Carmel and Center Grove. So I am assuming we might be seeing some teams possibly scheduling them in the near future 

Makes sense. Writing has been on the wall for years and this past year or two didn't help matters.

• Like 1

SIAC appears to be busted wide open this year between 4-5 teams. I don’t think we will have another 9-0 champion this season. I’m leaning towards to a split championship. Judging by GID, it seemed like Castle was getting tons of hype (young defense and returning offensive studs), but it looks like their QB is rumored to leave. But it seems like it will be the same Top 4 again from last year. However, North could jump into the mix if they could finish their games unlike last season, since they had like 3 1 score games from going 8-1 last season, might be tough losing some key players.

Edited by Hoosierfan1901