Indiana HS football 2022

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Independent or PAC? 

I never understood why they joined to begin with. 

Seems like like it’s Independent, join the PAC or even join the WIC. But they also say they might stay (even though I think they leave). There’s also speculation of another school swooping into their place, mainly Gibson Southern. I don’t know, I’m sure we will have an answer before Summer practices. But it looks like the change won’t be until 2023.

On 1/19/2022 at 6:30 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Seems like like it’s Independent, join the PAC or even join the WIC. But they also say they might stay (even though I think they leave). There’s also speculation of another school swooping into their place, mainly Gibson Southern. I don’t know, I’m sure we will have an answer before Summer practices. But it looks like the change won’t be until 2023.

Wouldn't mind Lincoln in the WIC. I think the drives are shorter in the PAC though. WIC already has 11 teams so they'd make 12. That's a huge conference. They have a rivalry already with Sullivan. West Vigo used to play Lincoln every year in baseball but hasn't lately. PAC makes a lot more sense for VL imo.

12 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Wouldn't mind Lincoln in the WIC. I think the drives are shorter in the PAC though. WIC already has 11 teams so they'd make 12. That's a huge conference. They have a rivalry already with Sullivan. West Vigo used to play Lincoln every year in baseball but hasn't lately. PAC makes a lot more sense for VL imo.

I saw something that VL might got independent for a year and weigh their  options. I don’t think GS will join the SIAC, but schedule some of the schools in our 1 week non conference 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After some thought, way too early SIAC preseason rankings: 

1. Mater Dei (Coach Goebels knows how to win)

2. Jasper (They always find a way) 

3. Memorial (Returns a lot on Offense, Defense is questionable)

4. Castle (Really depends on their whole QB problem, since they will move a lot higher) 

5. North (I think North gets a winning season, played some close games last year)

6. Reitz (Slowly getting there, Defense should be improved this season)

7. Bosse (Mullen is heading them to the right direction)

8. Central (from the sounds of it, they will be down for a while)

9. Harrison (Going to be some time rebuilding the program from their glory days)

10. VL (Completely up in the air, pretty sure they were Senior heavy last year)

1-4 are all interchangeable 

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Noblesville newest additions to their Football Stadium looks so good.

This was about a decade over due, but it looks great!  It will actually open for track in just a few weeks.

Edit:  It's not actually a new addition.  The entire facility is completely new from what you see in the pics to concessions, locker rooms, everything.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

About to say, seems like turf is slowly taking over the state now. I thought Mishawaka had grass still, but I guess I am wrong then

When my high school Knightstown built their new high school in 2006 they put turf in.  We got a state grant to pay for because it is so expensive.  I think we were one of the first in our area to have turf.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Turf will probably become a majority sooner or later, seems like it is king from a 3A-6A standpoint. Don’t know what the percentages are for 1A (most likely low) or 2A

I thought I posted a graph detailing each sectional and who has turf. 

I've kept track. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's my concern for some of these schools. Spend all this $ and eventually might just go back to all grass. 

We studied this about 15 years ago.  Back then it wasn't really all that expensive.  The expense was in the installation, but then there was virtually zero upkeep and maintenance.  The money schools would pay to upkeep grass fields over about 8 years was about the same to install the turf.  So, yes, there is expense over the short term, but a wash over the lifetime of the turf field.  That was the last time I looked at the financial side so I have no idea what the current numbers would look like.

• Like 2