Indiana HS football 2022

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

We studied this about 15 years ago.  Back then it wasn't really all that expensive.  The expense was in the installation, but then there was virtually zero upkeep and maintenance.  The money schools would pay to upkeep grass fields over about 8 years was about the same to install the turf.  So, yes, there is expense over the short term, but a wash over the lifetime of the turf field.  That was the last time I looked at the financial side so I have no idea what the current numbers would look like.

Don’t think it’s a financial issue, more of a safety one

Looks like Mitchell HS has broken ground on their new Fieldhouse. $10 million addition to various sports programs:

-4 Basketball Courts

-Indoor Track

-Indoor Football area

-Wrestling rooms

-New Weight room

http://www.wbiw.com/2021/12/08/mitchell-community-schools-groundbreaking-ceremony-brings-the-community-together/

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

22 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Thought the Classification numbers came out already. Since Cathedral moved up in 6A and New Pal to 4A

I was told (not by anybody official so assume it is rumor) on Friday that the enrollment numbers that were released have been pulled.  I don't know who or how many, but apparently some schools complained. 

Edited by thirdgenhoosier

13 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I was told (not by anybody official so assume it is rumor) on Friday that the enrollment numbers that were released have been pulled.  I don't know who or how many, but apparently some schools complained. 

Yes, they've been pulled, for the time being. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

We will probably be there soon in 2025, although we may as well belong in 4A. Another thing I saw is that Castle is slowing inching towards to that 6A cut off line and Mt. Vernon (Fortville) might be in 5A soon

Your FR class is huge. And Mt Vernon, no question. Place is booming. 

Work wins fellas!! The weight room is the life blood of everything we do. We had our annual weight lifting comp this past Monday. The bottom link is an article to it. 

In July Cash was 165lbs and a 625 power club... currently he is 200lbs and an 940 power club. He also improved his 40 time from 5.49 to a 5.18. 

We have a sign that hangs in our weight room. "The weight room isn't for everyone, then again, neither is playing time and neither is winning."

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1