Indiana HS football 2022

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Morning press release. Smooth move by saying it's for the marching band Carmel when we all know it's basically an indoor practice facility for football.

https://youarecurrent.com/2022/04/25/9-5m-activity-center-proposed-north-of-carmel-high-school-football-stadium/

Absolutely friggin awesome though. In all honesty, they can no doubt use this space for their whole school system. 

working on baseball/softball in the winter when the weather is bad, band, obviously football, PE.... lots, lots, lots of uses for this. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely friggin awesome though. In all honesty, they can no doubt use this space for their whole school system. 

working on baseball/softball in the winter when the weather is bad, band, obviously football, PE.... lots, lots, lots of uses for this. 

Yep. Guess it was just a matter of time. Have a friend that lives right up against the area. First thing he texted this morning is my prayers have been answered...no more marching band outside all summer long. Haha.

Really good though for school and all of the activities it can support. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Guess it was just a matter of time. Have a friend that lives right up against the area. First thing he texted this morning is my prayers have been answered...no more marching band outside all summer long. Haha.

Really good though for school and all of the activities it can support. 

Carmel probably has 1K+ athletes..... at their HS alone. unfathomable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I think mine had 115-120. 

My class was abnormally small at 58. Highest dropout rate in history. 

I had a design for a class t-shirt that resembled a war memorial with “the survivors” on it that got shot down by the school. Humorless bastards. 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

My class was abnormally small at 58. Highest dropout rate in history. 

I had a design for a class t-shirt that resembled a war memorial with “the survivors” on it that got shot down by the school. Humorless bastards. 🤣

The grade above me was like that lol 

I think like 10 of those dudes have done time in Federal Prison. Good group of dudes. 😝 ... one was on Jerry Springer. Lord, I wish I had that episode saved .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

The grade above me was like that lol 

I think like 10 of those dudes have done time in Federal Prison. Good group of dudes. 😝 ... one was on Jerry Springer. Lord, I wish I had that episode saved .

Oh half of my class would have been good Springer guests, let alone the dropouts. I know at least two are doing time for meth manufacturing. 

And people wonder why I skipped the 10 and 20 year reunions. Why bother? It’s South Bumf**k, IL. I could find 75% of them within an hour if I wanted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Oh half of my class would have been good Springer guests, let alone the dropouts. I know at least two are doing time for meth manufacturing. 

And people wonder why I skipped the 10 and 20 year reunions. Why bother? It’s South Bumf**k, IL. I could find 75% of them within an hour if I wanted. 

Yeah, the only people from HS I want to stay in contact with...I already do. I don't have anything against anyone in my class, just don't have anything for them. 

I assume you graduated with 95% of your Kindergarten class, as well? 

Just now, btownqb said:

I assume you graduated with 95% of your Kindergarten class, as well? 

I'd say more like 75%, if they all would have stayed in. 

My school district's logistics were designed by someone during a bad acid flashback.  The county was split into two districts, and this is a county of 15,000 people.  Lunacy to begin with.   In my district at the time, there were 3 physical locations that had kindergarten: we'll call them A, B, and C.  School C was actually logical: K-4, either 1 or 2 classes per grade.  If you went to school B, it also had K-4, 1-2 classes per grade...but we'll be coming back to this one.  School A housed 2 kindergarten classes.  All 3 schools then combined when we hit 5th & 6th grade, which was housed in school A.  7th-8th was housed in School B.  And then all in one high school....which was a block and a half away from School A.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When I was there our building had 7th-12th grade and assume most classes were about the same. We have fluctuated between 1A and 2A in football. For the most part we have been 2A in basketball

We are the other end of 2A. Have spent time in 3A. 

Some important SIAC news, Westfield/Central transfer Porter Rodes has his appeal hearing this Monday. From what I have seen/heard, it’s going to be an uphill battle and most likely denied. However, if his appeal is approved, Memorial will solve its missing piece on the offensive side. 

His transfer completely surprised me when I heard he was enrolled at Memorial. However, it seems like there was a lot transfers from Central recently to different schools.

Edited by Hoosierfan1901