Indiana HS football 2022

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can't help but notice, and seems to be how this thread is leaning, but the top third of the state is cut off from your map. Even though it's a toll road, 80-90 should be depicted as well.

those interstates aren't relevant for the discussion of the "2A South sectionals" being horribly drawn, or what am I missing? 

And yeah... I literally cropped out the top 1/3 of the state to be able to be able to make a more readable graph. 

Edited by btownqb

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

That's funny but Ii do wonder if the modern wonders of interstate travel plays any roll what so ever?  

The drives are immensely shorter to somewhat shorter if they classified them the way they should have been. For everyone involved. How pissed would you be if you had to work until 5pm on Fri, lets say on the northside of Indy... and had to make it to Pekin by 7pm for your kids game. lol 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The drives are immensely shorter to somewhat shorter if they classified them the way they should have been. For everyone involved. How pissed would you be if you had to work until 5pm on Fri, lets say on the northside of Indy... and had to make it to Pekin by 7pm for your kids game. lol 

Yeah, that's literally insane.  I'd love to hear their rationale, if you could ever get one.  Gerrymandering of high school sectionals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How is home and away determined?

Remember when I was at SC we didn't have football.

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Yeah, that's literally insane.  I'd love to hear their rationale, if you could ever get one.  Gerrymandering of high school sectionals.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt we will ever get one. The biggest thing for me is... why are we setting precedent AND making it longer drives? Ya know? 

It's strange. Our sectional isn't anymore difficult we got away from Lawrenceburg, who is turning out talent at an alarming rate.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

How is home and away determined?

Remember when I was at SC we didn't have football.

So... they will draw the 8 teams in order, yotta yotta. 

Some years the "top" team in the bracket will be home, some times the bottom team will be. But then in round 2 it would be determined by who wasn't the home team the prior round.... if both teams were home or both teams were away (in round 2)... the top/bottom (whichever they determine is the tiebreaker that year)... will be the home team for that round. That process repeats itself for each round. 

Hope that makes some sort of sense. 

image-26.webp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Tomorrow is the day! First non-contact practice session can begin tomorrow! Believe it is only 12 allowed practices up until full contact on August 2nd.

I, for one, wouldn't want to be out in this heat!  lol

• Like 1

SIAC Top 6 early preseason power rankings

1. Mater Dei (Week 4 against Memorial is a must watch, definitely will be live-streamed)

2. Memorial (First 4 weeks will be tough with Jasper, North and MD. RB position is still a question mark)

3. Jasper (Jasper has made their case being a top SIAC team, also, the reigning champs want to continue their dominance)

4. Castle (QB has reportedly left the team, and replacing some important roles in the trenches, but Castle’s D will be one of the best in the SIAC)

5. Reitz (Reitz barely jumps North, as their offense is slowly forming with a reported new QB addition)

6. North (Tough schedule to start up the season against Castle, Memorial and Reitz. But lots of optimism on the Offense with their weapons)