Indiana HS football 2022

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Here is a topic, instant replay at State Championship games. I saw Michigan approved this back in June. It probably won’t happen here in a long time, but if other states start doing it, I think it will 

It all comes down to money.  

13 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Yes it does, pretty sure Michigan is just using the instant replay for a coaches challenge and nothing more 

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/michigan-high-school-football-coaches-get-an-instant-replay-challenge-in-11-man-state-championship-games/#:~:text=The Michigan High School Athletic,team will lose a timeout.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rico said:

James Hardy IV. Interesting.   I have Bama fans that know I went to New Haven asking me about Mylan Graham. I was just up there a week ago, but not much to report. It will be fun to watch him progress.  Hope my Bulldogs get back on the winning path. Thanks for the article!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

James Hardy IV. Interesting.   I have Bama fans that know I went to New Haven asking me about Mylan Graham. I was just up there a week ago, but not much to report. It will be fun to watch him progress.  Hope my Bulldogs get back on the winning path. Thanks for the article!

Our Hoosiers need to do better landing kids from NE Indiana.

BTW, I will do my best to attend the New Haven/Columbia City game to check the kid out.  Go Eagles!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hey @btownqb,

Saw the pre-season polls and noticed you guys were in the 'Others Receiving Votes' in the 2A poll.   Is that a slight?  Dropping down from 3A, I assumed you guys would be firmly in the top 10.  Or, is 2A tougher than 3A because of all the private schools in the class?

3A is tougher. 3A and 4A are pretty darn close in total talent level imo. Sizable jump between 2A and 3A imo... 

Now, to the rest of what you said.... we did lose 18 starters, but I think that is one of the most disrespectful polls I've ever seen.  We basically spent every season for a decade ranked in the top 10 in 3A... plenty of years in the Top 5 in 3A. But, yeah, that pissed me off and you can bet it's been brought up in our meetings and it will be brought up again during a pregame speech. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trinity at Carmel locally tonight. Finally some high school football to watch! To everyone heading out enjoy the season starting up!

Top 5 in Indiana (BD, WC, Carmel, CG, Cathedral) can play with anyone.  

That matchup tonight is bigger than big. 2 of the Top 10 programs in the Midwest. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Top 5 in Indiana (BD, WC, Carmel, CG, Cathedral) can play with anyone.  

That matchup tonight is bigger than big. 2 of the Top 10 programs in the Midwest. 

Trinity OLine played phenomenal. Barring a miracle Trinity will win 17-7. Credit to Trinity converted multiple 3rd downs on final drive that gave them the 10 point lead with about 2 to go. 

Carmel will be just fine. All in all pretty good start. Defense won the night but Trinity contained a couple of Carmel's DLine guys.

Just glad to have the season started. Stands were pretty full too. 

• Like 1