Indiana HS football 2022

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Some important SIAC news, Westfield/Central transfer Porter Rodes has his appeal hearing this Monday. From what I have seen/heard, it’s going to be an uphill battle and most likely denied. However, if his appeal is approved, Memorial will solve its missing piece on the offensive side. 

His transfer completely surprised me when I heard he was enrolled at Memorial. However, it seems like there was a lot transfers from Central recently to different schools.

The IHSAA needs a new brain if they can't grant this in one second.  No one moves from Westfield to Evansville unless they have family or a sweet upgrade in job.  Not for a starting role in high school sports.  Are you kidding me?  Get a life IHSAA.

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The IHSAA needs a new brain if they can't grant this in one second.  No one moves from Westfield to Evansville unless they have family or a sweet upgrade in job.  Not for a starting role in high school sports.  Are you kidding me?  Get a life IHSAA.

From what I know:

He transferred to Central from Westfield to live with his dad. Apparently he thought the learning environment was not great, and transferred to Memorial for the Spring Semester with no problems at all. Then sometime after that, his eligibility part of transfer was blocked by the Central AD. And now is trying to reverse that decision, there are some other factors involved with this, like a bias issue, but do not know if it would violate the rules on here.

The SIAC thread on GID has like 2-3 pages about this issue on there too

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

From what I know:

He transferred to Central from Westfield to live with his dad. Apparently he thought the learning environment was not great, and transferred to Memorial for the Spring Semester with no problems at all. Then sometime after that, his eligibility part of transfer was blocked by the Central AD. And now is trying to reverse that decision, there are some other factors involved with this, like a bias issue, but do not know if it would violate the rules on here.

The SIAC thread on GID has like 2-3 pages about this issue on there too

Crazy that anyone would care enough.  

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Crazy that anyone would care enough.  

Inter-city transfers are pretty big down here with the schools, including Memorial and Mater Dei as being the only 2 major private schools here. Which sometimes will cause controversy if a player transfer goes to either school. But also, I’ve seen people complain about Central during the 2020 season grabbing some Bosse player and that allegedly several Central/Harrison players transferring to Reitz for the 2022 season. Last season, 2 OL starters from Castle transferred to Gibson Souhthern, which was an interesting topic in August. To sum it up, it seems like it’s a mess down here.

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Inter-city transfers are pretty big down here with the schools, including Memorial and Mater Dei as being the only 2 major private schools here. Which sometimes will cause controversy if a player transfer goes to either school. But also, I’ve seen people complain about Central during the 2020 season grabbing some Bosse player and that allegedly several Central/Harrison players transferring to Reitz for the 2022 season. Last season, 2 OL starters from Castle transferred to Gibson Souhthern, which was an interesting topic in August. To sum it up, it seems like it’s a mess down here.

Ok, maybe I didn't read clearly.  He transferred to central from Westfield.  Then in the spring to memorial from central?

I can see an argument for both sides.  Public school wasn't as good as the one you came from so you are going private.  Or you are doing it strictly for sports.  Or both academic environment and sports.  Either way, not a big deal in the grand scheme of life.  Let a kid be a kid and play high school sports, bunch of shameful adults imo.  

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Ok, maybe I didn't read clearly.  He transferred to central from Westfield.  Then in the spring to memorial from central?

I can see an argument for both sides.  Public school wasn't as good as the one you came from so you are going private.  Or you are doing it strictly for sports.  Or both academic environment and sports.  Either way, not a big deal in the grand scheme of life.  Let a kid be a kid and play high school sports, bunch of shameful adults imo.  

Yes, Westfield to Central, now Central to Memorial. It’s a big mess in my opinion

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We are getting closer and closer every day!!! I'm ready!! 

Loving the growth some of our guys are having! We are going to be FAST defensively.. how cow will we be fast. 

I’m excited for the new Tigers in program for these next couple of years. Apparently around half of our 7th grade team already hit puberty lol!

Should be another great year of Football around the state. There will definitely be some shake ups in the classes.

Yes, I clearly remember how fast you guys are....incredibly fast

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Oh boy....

Just came to post. At first glance I see this as it pertains to my world. Carmel, Zionsville, Noblesville, and Westfield stick together. I think Cathedral has to be happy getting LC, LN, and North Central.

The real puzzler was HSE and Fishers getting sent up I69 to the Fort? Odd. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just came to post. At first glance I see this as it pertains to my world. Carmel, Zionsville, Noblesville, and Westfield stick together. I think Cathedral has to be happy getting LC, LN, and North Central.

In Sectional 39, Switzerland County and Secina is like 2 hours apart, which doesn’t make any sense. 

Northview is probably one of the biggest losers in the sectional reassignment. Just got a tough S24 to now meeting Brebeuf, Roncalli and Mooresville in S21. S24 is pretty much SIAC extra season + Boonville 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

4A south run down

S21: Just a slaughterhouse, any of Mooresville, Roncalli, and Brebeuf can get out

S22: Probably Mt Vernon wins this, but New Pal is back

S23: East Central should win this easily, heard they will be tough again

S24: Memorial and Jasper will probably duke it out, with Reitz now being the heavy darkhorse

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

In Sectional 39, Switzerland County and Secina is like 2 hours apart, which doesn’t make any sense. 

Northview is probably one of the biggest losers in the sectional reassignment. Just got a tough S24 to now meeting Brebeuf, Roncalli and Mooresville in S21. S24 is pretty much SIAC extra season + Boonville 

The whole 2A south is a complete joke and horribly done.  

40 should have been-- EMD, Linton, Sullivan, NP, TC, FP, PC, North Knox

39- Brownstown, Brown Co, Switz, Clarksville, Pekin, Paoli, Mitchell, and Crawford Co. 

Absolutely couldnt have been more simple. And they f ed it up.  EVERYONE on GID assumed 39 and 40 were set in stone.  Those sectionals had been in place for a long time... now you're putting Indy schools in the same sectional as Clarksville and Pekin!!??? Laughable 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The whole 2A south is a complete joke and horribly done.  

40 should have been-- EMD, Linton, Sullivan, NP, TC, FP, PC, North Knox

39- Brownstown, Brown Co, Switz, Clarksville, Pekin, Paoli, Mitchell, and Crawford Co. 

Absolutely couldnt have been more simple. And they f ed it up.  EVERYONE on GID assumed 39 and 40 were set in stone.  Those sectionals had been in place for a long time... now you're putting Indy schools in the same sectional as Clarksville and Pekin!!??? Laughable 

32 has Heritage Hills possibly meeting Madison, which is like 2 hours away. It’s absurd. At least they solved the Northview distance this time around, that drive in November was a pain 

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Someone had to go north.  I was guessing Noblesville and Westfield or maybe Westfield and Zionsville go up 65.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

32 has Heritage Hills possibly meeting Madison, which is like 2 hours away. It’s absurd. At least they solved the Northview distance this time around, that drive in November was a pain 

3A in the south isnt much better than 2A. My god, those two classes are f'ed up in the south lol 

Guys Clarksville is literally the north side of Louisville... in the same sectional as a school in downtown indy 🤣🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

By the way, I agree w you on the puzzling part.  Warren Central, on the other hand, has to be ecstatic with their new sectional alignment….Tech, Southport, and Perry…cakewalk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Someone had to go north.  I was guessing Noblesville and Westfield or maybe Westfield and Zionsville go up 65.  

Yes, someone always has to go North from Hamilton Co. They decided to keep clusters together, weird. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

3A in the south isnt much better than 2A. My god, those two classes are f'ed up in the south lol 

Guys Clarksville is literally the north side of Louisville... in the same sectional as a school in downtown indy 🤣🤣

32 is all screwed up, pretty sure 3 schools are 2 hours away

10 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

By the way, I agree w you on the puzzling part.  Warren Central, on the other hand, has to be ecstatic with their new sectional alignment….Tech, Southport, and Perry…cakewalk.

Yep....good catch. I always go local and out from there. Warren has to be ecstatic with that considering the other 3 barely keep enough kids in school to field anything remotely competitive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Yep....good catch. I always go local and out from there. Warren has to be ecstatic with that considering the other 3 barely keep enough kids in school to field anything remotely competitive. 

How does Perry not just go with CG, CN, and Jeff... and Franklin Central just go with WC, Tech, and SP? Weird.

• Like 1