Minnesota Post Game Thread

KDB

Good win! Really like the 2-guard lineup and Galloway together. 

Good game from the coaching staff as well. 

Impressed with Ben Johnson. He's got an undermanned Minnesota team playing hard and well. Not sure how he'll recruit, but there's a chance he builds something good at Minny. 

• Like 2

happy with the last 2 games.  gotta remember who today was against, but none the less, we have an opportunity the next 2 games.  Iowa has actually looked pretty decent against pretty good teams though.  not an easy one at Iowa, but we need to win some on the road.  would be big to win 1 on the road.  2 would be HUGE going into the Purdouche game.  then again, lose to Iowa and Neb back to back and we'll all be screaming again.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

This upcoming week is a great opportunity for this team to take the next step. Upcoming games @Iowa and @Nebraska. They can make a strong statement by winning those two games leading into the PU game. No reason they shouldn't at least win the Nebraska game. Go Hoosiers!!

I'm expecting to win both.  We know how to beat Iowa.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Galloway really is so important to this team!

Gosh, if Woody can just get Bates' confidence back, we'll be really tough. 

i was so big on Bates!  not that i don't think he'll still be good, but dang.  funny little nitpicking thing - i thought i noticed you not calling Woodson Woody.  for whatever reason i just don't like calling him Woody.  i think it's the old school Knight fan in me.  no big deal, but i agree with you more times than not and thought i noticed you not calling him that.  others who i respect MUCH MUCH less call him that consistently and i think nothing of it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I'm expecting to win both.  We know how to beat Iowa.  

I'm not quite at the point where I am "expecting" to win both. I wish I was, but I expected to win against PSU. I would say I am cautiously optimistic about winning both. Until this team learns how to win on the road, I just can't get that confident unfortunately. Now if they beat Iowa...I will have much more confidence going on the road.

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Impressed with Ben Johnson. He's got an undermanned Minnesota team playing hard and well. Not sure how he'll recruit, but there's a chance he builds something good at Minny. 

Maybe it's just a flash in the pan,, it sure seems he's a solid step up from Pitino.  I have a feeling that team got a mental boost from everyone picking them at the bottom of the league.  Once that wears off, it will he interesting to watch and see if he can sustain the early momentum he's built.

• Like 1

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i was so big on Bates!  not that i don't think he'll still be good, but dang.  funny little nitpicking thing - i thought i noticed you not calling Woodson Woody.  for whatever reason i just don't like calling him Woody.  i think it's the old school Knight fan in me.  no big deal, but i agree with you more times than not and thought i noticed you not calling him that.  others who i respect MUCH MUCH less call him that consistently and i think nothing of it.  

Haha, funny you noticed that, and you are correct. I've never called him that on here. Once I hit click, I realized it. Probably won't do it again either. 

Just a weird thing, as you were alluding too, a respect thing. I also almost always call the players by their last name, not first name. 

• Like 2