Minnesota Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I of course didn’t chart anything, but for the first 7-10 minutes, Minn was hitting too many shots.  But the last 30 minutes our D was very impressive again. 

I honestly don't think our D really changed all that much, Minnesota hit some difficult shots the first 7-10 minutes. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

This upcoming week is a great opportunity for this team to take the next step. Upcoming games @Iowa and @Nebraska. They can make a strong statement by winning those two games leading into the PU game. No reason they shouldn't at least win the Nebraska game. Go Hoosiers!!

If we win at Iowa, then we probably win both games, and move to 5-2 in the B10.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm expecting to win both.  We know how to beat Iowa.  

23 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I'm not quite at the point where I am "expecting" to win both. I wish I was, but I expected to win against PSU. I would say I am cautiously optimistic about winning both. Until this team learns how to win on the road, I just can't get that confident unfortunately. Now if they beat Iowa...I will have much more confidence going on the road.

Iowa is a really good offensive team, but not much on the defensive end...They're a little different this year because Keegan Murray has supplanted Garza as their "go to" and he's another 3 level scorer...Cue Race Thompson...

But if we play D like we can and control the pace a little like Wisconsin did in their last game, I think we can win in Iowa City...

Nebraska can be tough at home (ask OSU)...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Iowa is a really good offensive team, but not much on the defensive end...They're a little different this year because Keegan Murray has supplanted Garza as their "go to" and he's another 3 level scorer...Cue Race Thompson...

But if we play D like we can and control the pace a little like Wisconsin did in their last game, I think we can win in Iowa City...

Nebraska can be tough at home (ask OSU)...

Yeah, my expectation is 0-2 maybe 1-1.  I'd be thrilled with 2-0, but IU has yet to prove they can win a true road game.  Until they do, color me skeptical.

Love how Woodson has them playing in Bloomington though.  We'll soon know how much of the psychological hill he's overcome on the road.

• Like 3

A couple of random thoughts while watching the replay...

Huge effort play from Geronimo that gave Miller Kopp a nice 2nd chance step-in three.  It definitely felt like a momentum changer.

Wondering (1) what the drag coefficient is on Galloway's hair and (2) how much faster he'd be with a buzz cut...

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

A couple of random thoughts while watching the replay...

Huge effort play from Geronimo that gave Miller Kopp a nice 2nd chance step-in three.  It definitely felt like a momentum changer.

Wondering (1) what the drag coefficient is on Galloway's hair and (2) how much faster he'd be with a buzz cut...

Galloway plays at such a break neck speed. It used to infuriate me because it was always so out of control.

But I will be darned, the dude still plays at that crazy pace and now seems to be able to finish plays, not charge etc. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Galloway plays at such a break neck speed. It used to infuriate me because it was always so out of control.

But I will be darned, the dude still plays at that crazy pace and now seems to be able to finish plays, not charge etc. 

Can you imagine if he gets a consistent jumper?  And he has time to do so.  He'd look a lot like Grayson Allen (without the mental problems) at that point.  Look where he is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Can you imagine if he gets a consistent jumper?  And he has time to do so.  He'd look a lot like Grayson Allen (without the mental problems) at that point.  Look where he is.

I compare him to Luke Recker with a brain and better hair.

• Haha 2