Minnesota Post Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Top loaders, too...my roommate in the USAF bought one in 1980 when they came out...$1,000...

LOL..that's about the same time my Dad bought one, the Salesman at Sears told him Betamax was the future, VHS was going to die. $1000 beta machine. PPfffttt!!

The nearest rental store was HH Greggs in Kokomo, 45 min away. Could rent 3 for a week, we thought it was amazing times. I wish a could remember the first movie we watched on it.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cthomas said:

For all of us senior citizens, think of all the things we can tell our grandchildren about. My 25 year old granddaughter was amazed when I showed her a manual typewriter. Couldn't figure out how it worked.

My wife bought me a smartwatch (Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic LTE) for Christmas this year...My youngest daughter (26) said, "So how do you like your first smartwatch?" 

I said, "Second. I had a Dick Tracy Wrist Radio in 1965." :D 

• Haha 8

On 1/9/2022 at 7:36 PM, Dawg Bawls said:

He prolly hit pause on the VCR when he went...

When I was a kid I spent a lot of time at my Grandfather's house after my Grandmother passed away. I cut his grass and did chores for him. His TV was on for only a half hour ever day, for the nightly news. Other than that we read books and listened to his coo-coo clock going off every freaking fifteen minutes. Saturdays were a treat because the TV would be on for a whole hour - to watch Lawrence Welk. I kid not. Another treat was when we would share a cold 8 ounce Coke. So yeah, I'm a bit old school and I grew up reading books and still like to feel a paper in my hands.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

When I was a kid I spent a lot of time at my Grandfather's house after my Grandmother passed away. I cut his grass and did chores for him. His TV was on for only a half hour ever day, for the nightly news. Other than that we read books and listened to his coo-coo clock going off every freaking fifteen minutes. Saturdays were a treat because the TV would be on for a whole hour - to watch Lawrence Welk. I kid not. Another treat was when we would share a cold 8 ounce Coke. So yeah, I'm a bit old school and I grew up reading books and still like to feel a paper in my hands.

My daughter had to read 5 books before I let her have a cell phone... 1984, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451,  Time Machine, Animal Farm...I said I would buy the phone if she read War and Peace...  from 11 -13 yrs old she finished all the books. I bought her a phone for her 13th. When her friends come over she gathers their electronics in a pillow case and puts in our bedroom with 150lb Akita. Kids don't get back until they leave. So we still old skool in our house...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1