Iowa pregame

Hoosierfan1901

Pretty interesting (from 2016)...

In total, since the NCAA Tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985, 22 of the 32 tournaments have seen two teams from the same conference reach the Final Four.

This is an event that’s success has been based on its wild unpredictability, and yet in nearly 70 percent of the tournaments in the last 32 years, one conference has put two teams in the Final Four.

https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/ncaa-tournament-2-teams-from-the-same-conference-have-reached-the-final-four-again.html

Edited by cybergates
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cybergates said:

Pretty interesting (from 2016)...

In total, since the NCAA Tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985, 22 of the 32 tournaments have seen two teams from the same conference reach the Final Four.

This is an event that’s success has been based on its wild unpredictability, and yet in nearly 70 percent of the tournaments in the last 32 years, one conference has put two teams in the Final Four.

https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/ncaa-tournament-2-teams-from-the-same-conference-have-reached-the-final-four-again.html

IIRC in 85 the Big East had 3...Villanova, Georgetown, and St Johns

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Midwest born and bred, but having lived in LA for the last 15+ years I gotta say the West Coast is the best when it comes to watching games. Everything is paced out perfectly, and I feel like we can see more games too.

Stationed in San Diego. I hated the 9am (12pm est) games on Sat mornings.

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Don Fischer mentioned this in the interview with Jim Coyle that I linked in the Minnesota post game thread...

Iowa has been getting their brains beat out on the boards by 15 per game total...6 on the offensive glass...

Hope we take advantage...

If we don’t I can’t imagine what CMW calling out players in the post game presser would look like 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I will be at this game wearing my Crimson and Cream rooting for the Hoosiers to take one on the road.  Center Court, row 23.  I have missed the last couple years due to covid but not this year.  Back on track!!

GO HOOSIERS!

I hope IU plays so well you don't have any voice left the day after.

I was shocked to see that Kris Murray actually shoots the 3 at a higher percentage than Keegan (44% to 37%)

I also heard during one of Iowa's games I watched that neither Kris or Keegan talk trash in games or practice, ever...

But when they play one on one (which the commentator said was often) they'd make Larry Bird blush...