Iowa pregame

Hoosierfan1901

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Tonight will be the measure for me if this team is turning a corner or will continue to be wildly inconsistent with focus and execution. Tough road wins are very hard to come by....stringing together 3 and 4 game win streaks is something we just haven't done in the past 5-6 years. I'd love to see us get on a little roll. We all want to get into the top 25 and I'm sure we can...but if we want to be a STAPLE in the top 25 we have to win consistently to stay up there. Not been able to do that much over the years.

Winning tonight will be damn impressive. :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Hear me out here, Statistics thought, not ideology thinking. 

The last thing Iowa expects from us to to go wide freakin open, balls out. They probably have been/ are preparing for our stifling defense. What if we prepare to push it UNLV Tark the Shark style?    

Most B1G teams can keep the other team from running and force them to play half court.  Iowa does not have a good defense, but still Fran knows how to prevent another team from running.  This doesn't mean it won't happen, but they will be prepared to do so.

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I get the skepticism, but if we lose like this is would be incredibly disappointing. That would be a massive step backwards to lose by double digits, road or not. 

Trust me...I hope I am wrong and I think this team is absolutely capable of winning at Iowa.  I just see a pattern of underperforming on the road and as of yet, they haven't broken that pattern this year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Trust me...I hope I am wrong and I think this team is absolutely capable of winning at Iowa.  I just see a pattern of underperforming on the road and as of yet, they haven't broken that pattern this year.

I am in a cross between the same boat and hoping that the LLN kicks in at some point (i.e., we win a close game on the road). 

The facts are we have (mod COVID concerns) 8 conference road games remaining. To feel comfortable, we probably want 3 wins in those 8 games. We are 0 for 2 on winnable road games.

The Iowa game is not one I would necessarily say we should win, but it definitely is one we could win and at some point we need to win road games that we could win. 

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I always wonder about IU at other conference venues...I've said many times when I lived in Chicagoland my youngest daughter and I would make the trek to Evanston to see the Hoosiers...upper level was about 70% IU fans and the lower probably at least 20%...my daughter couldn't believe how loud our fans could get. I still want to eventually take her to a game at SSAH...

I would say there are a 1000+ plus there.  Iowa support their sports pretty well.  And Carver can get really loud with how its built.

• Like 1

The more I look at this there is no way Filip Rebraca can handle Trayce. Rebraca is kinda a less physical Joey Brunk with a better outside offensive game.

I think the double teams on Trayce will come from Toussaint (guarding XJ) or McCaffery (guarding Kopp). Toussaint is very good at digging if the ball is held down low, or Trayce tries to put it on the floor. McCaffery has size. Although overall I don't think Iowa is a good defensive team, they are 2nd in the conference at forcing turnovers.

I still think it comes down to Race's D on Keegan Murray...If we can make him work and keep him shooting below 40%, I think we have a good chance here...