Minnesota's D Line coach new IU DC

Bad Brad

I love this twitter post from IU's tight ends coach!

_O7k4um9_mini.jpg

Coach Kevin Wright

@CoachWrightIU
· 23h
Successful teams and organizations consist of people who are bought in and really want to be there.

.....most likely confirms that the previous coaches were not on the same page as CTA. Looks like Coach Allen means business!
  • Like 3

Sounds like we got a very good up and coming coach.  Sounds like he can recruit too.  I don't know how much he knows about coverages but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a co-defensive coordinator.  Assume we are still getting a coach to specifically handle the D-line.  Coordinating and doing that position would be too much for one guy, IMO.

Edited by BobSaccamanno

14 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Has this guy ever called plays or put together game plans at a major University before?

No, he has not as he’s only been a position coach, but Tom is extremely well connected and has an outstanding record of finding up and coming coaches like this. He is doing extremely well this off season and has Scott’s full support based on my conversations with him. We are in good hands. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Courtsensetwo said:

No, he has not as he’s only been a position coach, but Tom is extremely well connected and has an outstanding record of finding up and coming coaches like this. He is doing extremely well this off season and has Scott’s full support based on my conversations with him. We are in good hands. 

I would not call his record outstanding finding coaches. Fair at best. 30 million buyout will get any AD's support as long as the head coach takes pay cuts to fire Coordinators. I like what has been done in the off season, lets see how many games that wins.

I like what Minnesota has done with their football program....if he has had a major hand in that then this has the possibility of being a great addition. Additionally this guy UNDERSTANDS the B1G and our opponents. He should have a great chance to work with Tom who is a defensive coach in his own right to take the talent we have added this offseason and make us very competitive.

• Like 1