Nebraska II Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

20 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I would hope that fan support, in the first year of a coaching tenure, is not based on any one game. If that is the case, I think that’s more an indictment of the fans than the program 

The program laying helpless in the bottom of a ravine for the last quarter century may have something to do with the short rope

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Between2Halls said:

I just hope CMW is wearing a suit. 

So all joking aside, this is one reason I always thought as a coach you need to wear the same attire each game.  I absolutely hate wearing a tie, so as soon as I earned enough credit, I wore a school golf shirt and vest every game.  Sure I changed colors of each and wore different pants and shoes, but if we had a particularly big game and someone would ask if I was going to wear a tie, I thought it would be a bad message to act like I only dress up for big games rather than every game was important. If Woodson wants to dress up at home and dress down on the road, fine.  Don't change that for one particular game or because of a losing streak though.  Stick with it.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So all joking aside, this is one reason I always thought as a coach you need to wear the same attire each game.  I absolutely hate wearing a tie, so as soon as I earned enough credit, I wore a school golf shirt and vest every game.  Sure I changed colors of each and wore different pants and shoes, but if we had a particularly big game and someone would ask if I was going to wear a tie, I thought it would be a bad message to act like I only dress up for big games rather than every game was important. If Woodson wants to dress up at home and dress down on the road, fine.  Don't change that for one particular game or because of a losing streak though.  Stick with it.   

Agree, and you don't want the players buying into that having anything to do with it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who showboated or screamed? You aren't talking about TJD's tech, right? 

I am, he screamed right in the guy’s face. Did he not? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for competitive fire, give-a-damn emotion, but he’s just over the top sometimes. Prefer he put that energy into practicing his free throws and jump shots (and layups for that matter). Luckily that didn’t bite us last night. 

11 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I am, he screamed right in the guy’s face. Did he not? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for competitive fire, give-a-damn emotion, but he’s just over the top sometimes. Prefer he put that energy into practicing his free throws and jump shots (and layups for that matter). Luckily that didn’t bite us last night. 

I think it was more like he screamed and the NEB player happened to be right there, it's unfortunate timing. I think it's a completely 100% bogus technical by the official and Woodson wasn't happy with that official all night. It was evident that guy made it a point to T Trayce up, congrats to that dude, I guess. 

He's a top 3 player in the league and quite honestly, a complete and utter stud. He is shooting 60% from the field.. how much better can he shoot contested close to the rim shots? 

Edited by btownqb

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think it was more like he screamed and the NEB player happened to be right there, it's unfortunate timing. I think it's a completely 100% bogus technical by the official and Woodson wasn't happy with that official all night. It was evident that guy made it a point to T Trayce up, congrats to that dude, I guess. 

He's a top 3 player in the league and quite honestly, a complete and utter stud. He is shooting 60% from the field.. how much better can he shoot contested close to the rim shots? 

If that’s what happened, then it’s unlucky. But he seemed like he knew he was wrong after it happened so maybe it wasn’t unintentional. Regardless, we got away with it and won. Just not interested in watching something like that cost us a game, whether it should or shouldn’t be called by crappy officials. 

TJD misses a lot of layups, Ft shooting isn’t great and can’t hit a jump shot. Yeah, he’s very productive, but could be even better. Don’t mean to sound like a coach again (frowned about on here if everything isn’t positive) or that I don’t appreciate him so i’ll bow out. 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

If that’s what happened, then it’s unlucky. But he seemed like he knew he was wrong after it happened so maybe it wasn’t unintentional. Regardless, we got away with it and won. Just not interested in watching something like that cost us a game, whether it should or shouldn’t be called by crappy officials. 

TJD misses a lot of layups, Ft shooting isn’t great and can’t hit a jump shot. Yeah, he’s very productive, but could be even better. Don’t mean to sound like a coach again (frowned about on here if everything isn’t positive) or that I don’t appreciate him so i’ll bow out. 

We got away with it? they gave us and unwarranted T, what did we get away with? He was confused after it happened, and then laughed that they called a T on him. Has he ever been T'ed up before?

You say "layups" as if almost all of the shots he takes aren't widely contested. He takes more guarded shots than anyone on our team and still shoots 60%. How much better can you be than an All American? He's avg 20p 9r 3b 2a a game and shooting 60% from the field. He's having statistically the best season by an Indiana player since probably Brian Evans in 1996. 

The angle from more under the basket definitely made Trayce's scream look like it was directly in his face.  If the game wasn't as physical and chippy as it had been, probably a no call.  Or a ref that had control of the game, which they did not.  Felt sorry for the black ref.  He was going over to both coaches all night trying to clean up the other two's mess.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We got away with it? they gave us and unwarranted T, what did we get away with? He was confused after it happened, and then laughed that they called a T on him. Has he ever been T'ed up before?

You say "layups" as if almost all of the shots he takes aren't widely contested. He takes more guarded shots than anyone on our team and still shoots 60%. How much better can you be than an All American? He's avg 20p 9r 3b 2a a game and shooting 60% from the field. He's having statistically the best season by an Indiana player since probably Brian Evans in 1996. 

We got away with it bc we won. I’m not arguing with you man. I hope TJD isn’t complacent and understands what he needs to work on. Nobody is perfect, but everybody should be striving for it.  Let’s win Thurs. 

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

The angle from more under the basket definitely made Trayce's scream look like it was directly in his face.  If the game wasn't as physical and chippy as it had been, probably a no call.  Or a ref that had control of the game, which they did not.  Felt sorry for the black ref.  He was going over to both coaches all night trying to clean up the other two's mess.  

I'm saying intent. Trayce has never just screamed directly in someone's face, on purpose. I think it's reasonable to believe he screamed and it so happened that dude ended up being right there, I don't think it was intentionally by TJD because we've never seen him do that before. 

He might trot something as runs down the court, never have we seen him straight up seek someone out and scream in their face, and quite honestly, as impressive as that dunk was.... he probably should be allowed to lol 

Like he didn't linger there... he screamed and was moving down court, right? 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

We got away with it bc we won. I’m not arguing with you man. I hope TJD isn’t complacent and understands what he needs to work on. Nobody is perfect, but everybody should be striving for it.  Let’s win Thurs. 

He's improved all area's of his game from last year, outside of FT shooting. 

Just now, btownqb said:

I'm saying intent. Trayce has never just screamed directly in someone's face, on purpose. I think it's reasonable to believe he screamed and it so happened that dude ended up being right there, I don't think it was intentionally by TJD because we've never seen him do that before. 

He might trot something as runs down the court, never have we seen him straight up seek someone out and scream in their face, and quite honestly, as impressive as that dunk was.... he probably should be allowed to lol 

Like he didn't linger there... he screamed and was moving down court, right? 

Heres the angle im talking about at the end of this clip.  Pretty guilty flex and lean in to the guys face while screaming.  Its typically not even a 50/50 call but with the chipiness and physicality that will get called, regardless of intent or past.  

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/33088156

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Heres the angle im talking about at the end of this clip.  Pretty guilty flex and lean in to the guys face while screaming.  Its typically not even a 50/50 call but with the chipiness and physicality that will get called, regardless of intent or past.  

Regardless of intent, if anyone in the college basketball landscape deserve to "flex" on someone, it is TJD. I will take 1 T in 3 years. why is this even an issue?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dude, that's a really bad technical lol I saw this view yesterday and then again today. Look at JG's reaction (who had the best view of the play) when the official calls the T. The NEB guy's head is literally turned by the time the scream happened. That's the official wanting something to be there, that isn't.