Gambling Corner (All Sports)

RoadToZion

I'll gladly chime in from time to time. I don't do individual gambling...but I do the salary cap/roster construction on Fanduel for football and golf. Didn't start until last year (covid boredom) but really enjoy it. Hard part for games like tonight is finding the one guy on the cheap who has the chance to hit big because everyone will have the usual suspects. 

3 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I'm a pretty big sports gambler. Lets start sharing our picks here. I had a nice hit in golf this weekend with Matsuyama winning.

January 17th-NCAAB

Illinois Moneyline and Over 150.5

Edit: Total has moved to 146. I am doubling up and betting over 146 as well. 

Terrible first half. The 17-0 killed Illinois. 

Not sure how many people do DFS for Golf on here. American Express this week.

Assuming most will go with Rahm or Cantlay or try to work both in their lineup. I'm going those 2 with the following mixture. Ancer, Swafford, Michael Thompson, Scheffler, Riley, Hadwin, Nesmith.

Toughest thing for me is always trying to decide 3 big price tags and 3 lower.....or 2 and 4.....or all 6 in the $9k range. 

Picking Ancer in my golf pool. His form isn't great lately but this course he loves. Adam Hadwin is another guy that for some reason he loves California golf. 

On 1/19/2022 at 3:00 PM, Seeking6 said:

Not sure how many people do DFS for Golf on here. American Express this week.

Assuming most will go with Rahm or Cantlay or try to work both in their lineup. I'm going those 2 with the following mixture. Ancer, Swafford, Michael Thompson, Scheffler, Riley, Hadwin, Nesmith.

Toughest thing for me is always trying to decide 3 big price tags and 3 lower.....or 2 and 4.....or all 6 in the $9k range. 

Picking Ancer in my golf pool. His form isn't great lately but this course he loves. Adam Hadwin is another guy that for some reason he loves California golf. 

Hope everyone won some loot over the weekend. My golf lineups did pretty good with Swafford winning. Up next is Torrey Pines. Lots of chalk coming this week with usual Torrey Pines (Rahm, Reed, JT, Xander,etc...). Will post my picks by Wednesday but Will Zalatoris is going to be involved in every one of my lineups.

For those that FanDuel in golf I'm doing a few lineups this week but the one I like the best so far is Rahm, Zalatoris, Palmer, Leishman, Lanto Griffin and Sam Ryder.

Rahm is a must in any lineup this week.....Zalatoris is playing good. Palmer/Leishman history at Torrey Pines  is hard to pass up. Lanto has 2 top 10's in past 3 trips and Ryder was the best of the cheapest salary wise.

Max Homa is also a guy I'm getting into lineups. Passing on Bryson and can't make Xander/Reed work yet. Good luck to everyone! Picking Zalatoris to win. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

He has the yips on the short putts. Not a good feeling. Best ball striker on tour next to Morikawa IMO. 

Yep. That putt on 13 was really tough to watch after he had the great lag from 57 feet on the fastest green on the course. Hope he snaps out of it. Really, really like his game.

On 1/25/2022 at 12:52 PM, Seeking6 said:

For those that FanDuel in golf I'm doing a few lineups this week but the one I like the best so far is Rahm, Zalatoris, Palmer, Leishman, Lanto Griffin and Sam Ryder.

Rahm is a must in any lineup this week.....Zalatoris is playing good. Palmer/Leishman history at Torrey Pines  is hard to pass up. Lanto has 2 top 10's in past 3 trips and Ryder was the best of the cheapest salary wise.

Max Homa is also a guy I'm getting into lineups. Passing on Bryson and can't make Xander/Reed work yet. Good luck to everyone! Picking Zalatoris to win. 

I really like Will. Earned a few $ this weekend on my lineups but darn. Oh well. To me golf is without question the hardest sport to guess or pick or gamble on and it isn't close. 30+ guys a week if not more can win. 

Good luck to those doing anything tomorrow. Need Byron Pringle or Jauan Jennings to hit tomorrow on Fanduel. Otherwise it's all chalk.

Pebble Beach on the docket this week. I'm still playing with a few lineups for fanduel but Cantlay is the obvious pick this week. Berger too. Some others that will be on my card is Maverick McNealy, Tringale,  and Jason Day (loves this place and is playing well so why not), and Tom Hoge is a guy who might be under the radar salary wise but is playing good.

Pick to win Cantlay.

Cantlay, Day, McNealy, Hoge, Harkins, and Donald is one entry. Others will have Rai, Dahmen, and Svesson on them.

Seems like a 2nd shot course for the most part. Would love to hear others opinion on longshots or sleepers. 

20 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I have a couple lineups set. Most have Fitzpatrick, Mav and Svesson (great value). 

It just sucks most of the big names are playing in the Saudi tournament. 

Agree. Don't know all the ins and outs of the tourney there but I'm assuming $ is the reason as always. Just hate it's opposite of Pebble Beach.