Gambling Corner (All Sports)

RoadToZion

Can't believe I researched this but am in a contest. 115 seconds is the average length of the National Anthem  going back to 2000. Over under on Mickey Guyton's over/under in time to sing is 95-96 seconds. However in her last performance singing it she came in at 90 seconds. Take the under. Haha.

Edited by Seeking6

Struggling with golf this week. So many players to choose from. Usual suspects....Rahm, Hideki, JT, Hovland...and I know some are looking past Koepka because of recent play but he's won there twice. Bubba loves the course and as always there are about 20 guys who want to join the Tom Hoge first time club. Plus Talor Gooch is playing so well for the price.

I'm going to do a few lineups with combinations above. Probably looking at Perez, Knox, Putnam, Straka for value. If anyone knows of another longshot I'm missing I'd love to hear it! 

Might add one more lineup but going with these 3 this weekend.

Rahm, Hideki, Koepka, Perez, Knox, Straka

JT, Louis O, Hideki, Gooch, Steele, Straka

Koepka, Hovland, Scheffler,  Putnam, Mitchell, Lashley

Hard to not go chalk this weekend. Hideki and Koepka have the winning history. JT and Rahm play great there. Hovland is on fire right now. Just realized I don't have Cantlay for whatever reason so I'm going to do another one with him in it.

I've only been twice. My good friend is headed out tomorrow night for his first time at WMPO. What a scene and course. Good luck to all this weekend!

Mattress Mack all in on Bengals this weekend with total bets around $9.5M to win $16M. I never really looked into this guy much but finally did. These numbers are outrageous but never knew he was just making these bets to hedge/offset promotions at his stores. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Mattress Mack all in on Bengals this weekend with total bets around $9.5M to win $16M. I never really looked into this guy much but finally did. These numbers are outrageous but never knew he was just making these bets to hedge/offset promotions at his stores. 

He's a Houston legend...

There use to be a furniture store out in Plano, Illinois that would do the same thing...World Furniture or something like that...

Closed now though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

He's a Houston legend...

There use to be a furniture store out in Plano, Illinois that would do the same thing...World Furniture or something like that...

Closed now though...

This guy has been throwing around some serious loot for years so I had to dive in and figure out what was going on.

4 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I’ve got about 9 bets out on the Super Bowl. Most are FanDuel boosts or popular parlays, but I also have a Cooper Kupp anytime TD and Burrow with the most pass attempts. 

For some reason I don't do the other side of the FanDuel app....but I have 22 lineups in salary cap leagues. Did a bunch in the $5 national....and just messing around did about 10 different combos in that .56 cent entry. Have a couple private leagues I'm in for a bit more. 

Wouldn't mind a 7 (Rams) and 1 (Bengals) in squares or 4/3 or even 9/7. 

It's funny how the action or the stuff surrounding the game is almost bigger than the game anymore. 

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For some reason I don't do the other side of the FanDuel app....but I have 22 lineups in salary cap leagues. Did a bunch in the $5 national....and just messing around did about 10 different combos in that .56 cent entry. Have a couple private leagues I'm in for a bit more. 

Wouldn't mind a 7 (Rams) and 1 (Bengals) in squares or 4/3 or even 9/7. 

It's funny how the action or the stuff surrounding the game is almost bigger than the game anymore. 

I completely forgot I bought a few squares for work. I’d never heard of it until this year. 
I need to see what I have. 

• Like 1

First glance at lineups for this week on Fanduel. Plenty of chalk up top with so many of the world's best players playing at Riviera.

I can't get away from Cantlay in all lineups. Pairing him with combinations of Rahm, Xander, Brooks, DJ, Hideki,etc....but I can also see why people would play JT or Rory or Bubba (historically great here) or a few others.

How to win the national contests is the rest of the value plays. Doc Redman and Doug Ghim played for the amateur title in 2017 at Riviera and played each other in playoff so they at least know the course well. Those could be two cheap options. Other guys I like at their price are Luke List, Alex Noren, Robert Macintyre, and full time Riviera resident Molinari. 

Good luck to those who play in golf pools. In my straight up pickem pool I'm going Xander becaue I need to save some of the others for Majors and WGC larger purses. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing up my lineups and I just can't get away from the Florida guys as the tour heads there.

I know I'm supposed to play Im this week but just can't do it for his price on Fanduel in each lineup so I only did it in a smaller pool.

Berger, Koepka, Horschel, McCarthy, Hagy, and Hodges

Koepka, Mitchell, Wise, CT Pan, Wolff, Huh

Im, Woodland, Wise, McCarthy, Mitchell, Hickok 

This tourney has always a good share of longshots win it because of weaker field. Besides the chalk guys like Mitchell, Wise, Swafford have good prices...shoot even Cink might be worth a couple just to see if he hits. Good luck if playing!

Forgot to post my picks this week in golf. I'm heavy on Matt Fitzpatrick across all lineups. These are my 4 this week. Good luck for those in golf pools!

Fitzpatrick, Zalatoris, Mitchell, Svensson, Leishman, Wallace

Matsuyama, Fitzpatrick, Kirk, Casey, Bezuidenhout, Swafford

Rahm, Fitzpatrick, Horschel, Griffin, List, Laird

Im, Fitzpatrick, Burns, Mitchell, Na, Lee

• 6 months later...