@ Nebraska Post Game Thread

KDB

TJD balled. Let's hope he is just bruised and recovers quickly.

Geronimo keeps getting  better. If he could defend without fouling it would elevate the team.

Tamar did more positive than negative. That's a first in a long time. 

Guards = rollercoaster. The fouls continue to pile up. The turnovers still an issue. But they did make some plays late to win it and they do try to defend hard if not always smart. Sadly, no lead will be secure with this group and that may cost them a tournament.

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm not sure why we're complaining about this win? We played well for the most part, with some poor stretches mixed in, but IU was basically in control of this game from start to finish on the road. 

We got great contributions from Geronimo and Galloway, with Bates pitching in during the first half. 

We had some issues down the stretch but never relented without TJD. 

That's a solid road win. 

I think I’m just frustrated with the fact that our guard play is so poor and it’s not getting any better. I just need to understand it is what it is and try to enjoy it. 

All in all I’m pleased. Choppy game which would generally favor the home team but we stuck it out. I don’t think we ever trailed-spent probably 90% of the game with a 6-10 point lead. There truly is no easy road win in the Big Ten- just look at what Nebraska has done with Illinois, Ohio State, etc. Would love to find a way to get Parker 3-4 more shots a game. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Just stop man. I feel sorry for anybody that can’t handle reality, or a different opinion. A win is a win, and I’ll take it, but it doesn’t change the fact we’re an average basketball team and have looked like it the last two games. Just worry about yourself. If I choose to be frustrated by, what is my perceived lack of improvement from this team, then that’s my choice. 

If you can't see improvement from this team then you don't want to see it

• Like 6

So a team that hasn't won a road conference game in forever and has to play a big chunk of the end without their all-american, puckers a bit on offense but nuts up on D and finishes the game yet I'm sitting there thinking to myself "man, the dudes on HSN are just going to complain about this". Nailed it. SMH

Edited by HoosierDPU95
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought for the most part we played well.  I feel sorry for anyone who can't enjoy a win and feel some just likes to complain

From one of your posts last week I thought these type of feelings/posts were driving you away from the board. I guess that’s not the case.

It seems as though you think that someone that posts “we won but wish we had less turnovers” is a person wallowing in absolute misery. I don’t necessarily think that is the case.

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think I’m just frustrated with the fact that our guard play is so poor and it’s not getting any better. I just need to understand it is what it is and try to enjoy it. 

I get where your coming from on the criticism. To enter elite status, you have to have that mentality. RMK did the same thing. Some people thought he was crazy. Actually, he was genius. Always a step ahead and always wanting to better.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm not sure why we're complaining about this win? We played well for the most part, with some poor stretches mixed in, but IU was basically in control of this game from start to finish on the road. 

We got great contributions from Geronimo and Galloway, with Bates pitching in during the first half. 

We had some issues down the stretch but never relented without TJD. 

That's a solid road win. 

I kept waiting for us to give up the lead. The good news is we didn't, but we didn't exactly finish strong either. The last 5 years have made it really tough to "enjoy" a game where we're never up by more than 10, the officials are calling too many fouls and our guards keep throwing it away down the stretch. 

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Did you not see the huge 3 that Johnson hit when we were only up 6 and the two free throws with less than a minute left.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

All in all I’m pleased. Choppy game which would generally favor the home team but we stuck it out. I don’t think we ever trailed-spent probably 90% of the game with a 6-10 point lead. There truly is no easy road win in the Big Ten- just look at what Nebraska has done with Illinois, Ohio State, etc. Would love to find a way to get Parker 3-4 more shots a game. 

We definitely never trailed and it was never closer than 4 after 12 minute mark in the first half.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I came over to the "we won't be where we want to be until we upgrade our guards and wings" after the Penn State game. I do believe Coach Woody gets the most he can out of this group, and we have an excellent front court, but the guys we've signed in these next 2 classes so far makes me feel better about our future...

It'll be fun to see how far CMW can lead this group though...I think we make the tourney this year, and everything else is icing on the cake...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I kept waiting for us to give up the lead. The good news is we didn't, but we didn't exactly finish strong either. The last 5 years have made it really tough to "enjoy" a game where we're never up by more than 10, the officials are calling too many fouls and our guards keep throwing it away down the stretch. 

Well in conference games on the toad you won't see a lot of games where you lead by double figures the whole game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I guess. I mean we were in control of that game from start-finish, never trailed, finished the last 5-6 minutes without our best player, and our guards were getting mugged most of the game. 

It wasn't necessarily pretty, I agree there, but we "toughed" that win out on the road. 

• Like 6