@ Nebraska Post Game Thread

KDB

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

One more random thought...Walker's hip check that sent Trayce hard to the floor was dirty despite the announcers insisting it wasn't.  I've wound that play back several times and a hip check while Trayce was in the air is dirty. Period.  Walker knew what he was doing causing an airborne player to land awkwardly.  I'm just sick of the uber-physical play in the Big Ten.  IU is lucky Trayce wasn't seriously injured there.

It was retaliation for the T that Trayce got earlier.  The BIG has suffered for its officiating for years IMO.  These teams are allowed to beat the holy hell out of each other from January to mid March and then they reach the tournament and find out that the rest of the country isn't allowed to play basket-hackle-ball.  There are certain programs in this league that if they aren't fouling, they cannot play defense.  (Looking at you MSU, Purdue, and Wisconsin).

• Like 3

I didn’t watch the game live so was not on the game thread, but did anybody ask if Raphael Davis was high?

Race gets raked across both arms and “that’s chippy”.

Galloway gets punched in the face and almost got the elbow too and it was result of Nebraska “trying to get the ball to the ref”? The ref was BEHIND Trey. Maybe he was just trying pass the ball through Trey’s face. 

C’mon dude, let’s try to hide your bias a little better. 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I didn’t watch the game live so was not on the game thread, but did anybody ask if Raphael Davis was high?

Race gets raked across both arms and “that’s chippy”.

Galloway gets punched in the face and almost got the elbow too and it was result of Nebraska “trying to get the ball to the ref”? The ref was BEHIND Trey. Maybe he was just trying pass the ball through Trey’s face. 

C’mon dude, let’s try to hide your bias a little better. 🤦‍♂️ 

Too many PUkes and Whinin' Illini in that BTN group for me...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

What are you even talking about? You aren’t playing and are like 15 years older than these kids. Your competitiveness is the most irrelevant thing in the world to this team. Your demands for perfection out of a team you have no influence over are so silly. Baylor lost twice this week. Auburn looked sloppy most of the game against Ole Miss. No team can we play the equivalent of the 76 Hoosiers A game every time out which sure seems like your expectation.

Take a deep breath and enjoy the win, we are in the top half of the conference and have a three game home stand coming up.

This was a good win and we have our best team in 6 seasons, and 2nd best team since 2013. We aren’t perfect, but this is the first year of a new staff after making the tournament one time in the previous 7 seasons. We are absolutely going in the right direction.

Are you the game watching / opinion police? Somebody else telling me how to watch a game is just as silly and ridiculous.  Forgive me for watching a game from a coaching perspective. Just the way I am. And I’m pretty reserved with my criticisms. Feel free to go back and look. Did you not also read the posts where I said I need to learn to enjoy it more as opposed to taking that view? Guess not.  That first paragraph is as much over the top as my competitiveness man. If you want to argue against my points, fine, but leave it at that. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Are you the game watching / opinion police? Somebody else telling me how to watch a game is just as silly and ridiculous.  Forgive me for watching a game from a coaching perspective. Just the way I am. And I’m pretty reserved with my criticisms. Feel free to go back and look. Did you not also read the posts where I said I need to learn to enjoy it more as opposed to taking that view? Guess not.  That first paragraph is as much over the top as my competitiveness man. If you want to argue against my points, fine, but leave it at that. 

Can't imagine a halfway decent coach being that upset with their team after that win, so maybe you don't actually watch it like a coach.... 

You can watch the game however you want, but don't say you watch it like a coach when you very evidently do not watch it like a coach. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Can't imagine a halfway decent coach being that upset with their team after that win, so maybe you don't actually watch it like a coach.... 

You can watch the game however you want, but don't say you watch it like a coach when you very evidently do not watch it like a coach. 

Coach Woodson was clearly pleased after the game. You could see his emotion when he got into the locker room. 8 mins without TJD, some absolutely awful officiating, and on the road and we find a way to win? Heck yes, man. 

• Like 3