@ Nebraska Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, btownqb said:

I don't group them the same. I group them a PBP and Color. Most PBP I like, not all color commentary guys I enjoy though. 

Rafferty I enjoy, I assume we'll get them TH? 

I haven't been many new play by play guys that are good at all. Most of the guys on ESPN and Fox I have never heard of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Who do you like? 

Gus Johnson is very good.  I think Robbie Hummel is really good as well.  Most basketball guys are at least OK, if a little over the top like Dickie V.  I thought Raphael was wrong on several things in the Nebraska game (No intent on the Nebraska player hip-checking TJD while he was in the air for one thing), but I'm willing to give him a chance as a new guy.  Hummel though, seems like more of a natural talent behind the microphone.  The only guy I think is really (I mean really) bad is Walton.  Bill should stick to the bong and stay off the air.

• Like 3

Some of the play  by play guys I like is Kevin Harlan, Gus Johnson and Ian Eagle. There are some analyst I use to like but once they got popular they changed like Jay Bolas,DD and Bill Walton.  If you go back and listen to Walton back in the 90's when he started he was actually pretty good.  He did one of our tournament games in 92 when we played LSU and Shaq.

Edited by IU Scott

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Gus Johnson is very good.  I think Robbie Hummel is really good as well.  Most basketball guys are at least OK, if a little over the top like Dickie V.  I thought Raphael was wrong on several things in the Nebraska game (No intent on the Nebraska player hip-checking TJD while he was in the air for one thing), but I'm willing to give him a chance as a new guy.  Hummel though, seems like more of a natural talent behind the microphone.  The only guy I think is really (I mean really) bad is Walton.  Bill should stick to the bong and stay off the air.

One of the guys in the studio last night said one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.  He said maybe Woodson left TJD out of the game was to see how the team would with out him.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Some of the play  by play guys I like is Kevin Harlan, Gus Johnson and Ian Eagle. There are some analyst I use to like but once they got popular they changed like Jay Bolas,DD and Bill Walton.  If you go back and listen to Walton back in the 90's when he started he was actually pretty good.  He did one of our tournament games in 92 when we played LSU and Shaq.

I'm not saying this trying to be funny...I honestly wonder if Walton smoked so much weed he's permanently impaired.  That or he simply gets stoned before every broadcast.  He just says some of the goofiest crap on the air and I'm surprised his bosses tolerate it.

...and I think you're right about how he used to be.  My memory isn't great in that regard, but I remember thinking he used to be a lot better than he is now.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm not saying this trying to be funny...I honestly wonder if Walton smoked so much weed he's permanently impaired.  That or he simply gets stoned before every broadcast.  He just says some of the goofiest crap on the air and I'm surprised his bosses tolerate it.

...and I think you're right about how he used to be.  My memory isn't great in that regard, but I remember thinking he used to be a lot better than he is now.

He was the announcer when Reggie Miller scored 8 points in 9 seconds plus the Malace in the Palace.  He did a good job and actually called the game.

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It wasn't directly in a players face.  I didn't like the T on TJD but in todays game i wasn't really surprised it was called, on the road, by B1G officials. 

I give up on this conversation.  I posted the video earlier.  The angle from under the basket justified, like you said, on the road by B1G officials.