@ Nebraska Post Game Thread

KDB

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did you not see the huge 3 that Johnson hit when we were only up 6 and the two free throws with less than a minute left.

Sure did. Doesn’t mean he had a good game bc of those two positives. Also had 5 turnovers, and that alone doesn’t mean he had a poor game to be fair. It’s fine if you think he’s a good PG. I don’t, and don’t think we have a chance to go far bc of it. 

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Sure did. Doesn’t mean he had a good game bc of those two positives. Also had 5 turnovers, and that alone doesn’t mean he had a poor game to be fair. It’s fine if you think he’s a good PG. I don’t, and don’t think we have a chance to go far bc of it. 

Never said he was a good pg but without him tonight we don't win.  Also 3 of his turnovers we're after he got tripped

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did you not see the huge 3 that Johnson hit when we were only up 6 and the two free throws with less than a minute left.

To me, that 3 pointer was where we changed our destiny in this game. So many times in the past, that was the 1 missed shot that swung all momentum. Not this time by gawd!

And yes, XJ concentration on his last 4 free throws was pure gold. We punched all the way untill the last bell.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I came over to the "we won't be where we want to be until we upgrade our guards and wings" after the Penn State game. I do believe Coach Woody gets the most he can out of this group, and we have an excellent front court, but the guys we've signed in these next 2 classes so far makes me feel better about our future...

It'll be fun to see how far CMW can lead this group though...I think we make the tourney this year, and everything else is icing on the cake...

Yeah, I’m very competitive and always looking for perfection. I’m certainly guilty of not being able to enjoy positives as much as I should bc I’m noticing the negatives more. Like I said earlier, I just need to be complacent with our guard play and try to enjoy the positives, knowing we are limited. 

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

What was your expectations going into the season.  You said we won't go far with him but who really thought this team could go far this season.

Another tidbit I noticed. Fife sitting next to CMW for the first game in a while. Generally he’s the farthest away and sitting next to two players. 

Probably doesn’t mean anything significant, but I am genuinely curious as to why and how CMW makes the decision on who sits next to him because I’m positive it’s not random. Is it dependent on who did the scouting report? Who is most familiar with the opposing coach? Who has the best smelling breath? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, I’m very competitive and always looking for perfection. I’m certainly guilty of not being able to enjoy positives as much as I should bc I’m noticing the negatives more. Like I said earlier, I just need to be complacent with our guard play and try to enjoy the positives, knowing we are limited. 

I use to be the same way until about 20 years ago.  I found that was not a healthy way to look at things and hated that nobody wanted to be around me watching games. Also once I had kids I didn't want them to hear my yelling and complaining

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Tre Demps did not break his half time record of saying TJD 3 times in one breath.  He only got up to 2 in post game.  

Overall though he does have good thoughts, just has to get comfy in studio.  

…..to piggy back that,……

Am I the only one who hates hearing “T-J-D” during games and at half time!

I often yell at the TV, “ It’s Trayce Jackson Davis!”… “You call him that like your best friends!”…..🧐 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

That’s what separates the middle of the pack from the top. In anything you ever do. The will and desire to achieve perfection. The journey can be exhausting but it’s worth it if you want it.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What was your expectations going into the season.  You said we won't go far with him but who really thought this team could go far this season.

I expected TJD and RT to be improved shooters. Both are worse shooters than last year. I expected XJ to be a better decision maker when he was anointed the starting PG from the get-go. I could prob go on. It doesn’t matter what I thought at the beginning of the year. What matters is that we’ve shown signs of being really good (1st half @ Wiscy, OSU) but we’re not replicating those times consistently. We SHOULD absolutely be better than we have the past two games bc we’ve seen it already. Turnovers and FT are areas that can be improved regardless of talent and those two things have cost us dearly. You don’t agree FTs and turnovers are fixable regardless of talent level? Or do you just think the times we’ve limited our turnovers and made our FTs were us playing above our abilities? 

26 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I get where your coming from on the criticism. To enter elite status, you have to have that mentality. RMK did the same thing. Some people thought he was crazy. Actually, he was genius. Always a step ahead and always wanting to better.

I didn’t know that anyone was using the word elite in conjunction with this team 

A W is a W is a W, but jeez, i could almost feel through the TV how tense the team was that last 5 minutes. We definitely have a lack of guys that can create their own shot, especially in crunch time without TJD, but we pulled it out, and it was also good to see Bates and Geronimo contributing in significant ways. Any road win is a good W right now, though.

Side note: i guess we’re just not counting last year at all elegibility-wise? The announcers called Galloway a freshman and TJD a sophomore. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

A W is a W is a W, but jeez, i could almost feel through the TV how tense the team was that last 5 minutes. We definitely have a lack of guys that can create their own shot, especially in crunch time without TJD, but we pulled it out, and it was also good to see Bates and Geronimo contributing in significant ways. Any road win is a good W right now, though.

Side note: i guess we’re just not counting last year at all elegibility-wise? The announcers called Galloway a freshman and TJD a sophomore. 

Also called Geronimo a freshman