Purdue pre-game….

Artesian_86

How on earth do we (or any team) guard Edey?  We have to get him in early foul trouble.

Ivey's ability to beat his defender on the dribble really concerns me as well.

Stefanovic must be pressured at the arc every time he touches it.

I hate to say it, but it's going to take a sub-par performance from Purdue to win this one.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How on earth do we (or any team) guard Edey?  We have to get him in early foul trouble.

I hate to say it, but it's going to take a sub-par performance from Purdue to win this one.

Edey to me (when I watched today) was allowed easy entry and he backed his Mark Jackson into Kofi as much as the officials allowed. Ivey seems to me a guy like Ayo last year....high dribble and at times good but let's not make him a lottery pick yet (see Ayo in the 2nd).

Purdue is good for sure....but it isn't sub par performance level type good is the only chance we can beat them type good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Edey to me (when I watched today) was allowed easy entry and he backed his Mark Jackson into Kofi as much as the officials allowed. Ivey seems to me a guy like Ayo last year....high dribble and at times good but let's not make him a lottery pick yet (see Ayo in the 2nd).

Purdue is good for sure....but it isn't sub par performance level type good is the only chance we can beat them type good. 

Can’t remember but I don’t believe Ayo was ever projected in the lottery and doesn’t have near the athleticism Ivey has. I’d be shocked if Ivey makes it past the 10th pick. 

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You just can't let Edey get posted up right under the basket.  You need to meet him at the free throw line and not let him get good position.  If you let him get the ball where he wants it then it is over 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Can’t remember but I don’t believe Ayo was ever projected in the lottery and doesn’t have near the athleticism Ivey has. I’d be shocked if Ivey makes it past the 10th pick. 

Ayo going into year 3 was lottery pick...and definitely a first rounder by end of year 2. Got picked by the hometown team in second round and in 7 short months Billy D has actually developed the kid. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If Ivey is available when the Pacers pick, it's a pretty safe bet they'd take him. They were last in the league in attendance last I checked and drafting a local player might get some Purdue fans back in the arena. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You just can't let Edey get posted up right under the basket.  You need to meet him at the free throw line and not let him get good position.  If you let him get the ball where he wants it then it is over 

What Scott said...as Bill Raftery always says, "do your homework early."

And Coach Woody has to make the officials aware of how long Edey is staying in the lane...he lives in there...you can't really leave their shooters to double either unless it's coming off Hunter or Newman...

We can beat Purdue, but we're going to have to make it a physical game, play as well as we can on offense, and keep playing lockdown defense...

They can have breakdowns on the defensive end...

They always get pumped for IU...We have to match that...

BTW, 7 PM EST on FS1

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What Scott said...as Bill Raftery always says, "do your homework early."

And Coach Woody has to make the officials aware of how long Edey is staying in the lane...he lives in there...you can't really leave their shooters to double either unless it's coming off Hunter or Newman...

We can beat Purdue, but we're going to have to make it a physical game, play as well as we can on offense, and keep playing lockdown defense...

They can have breakdowns on the defensive end...

They always get pumped for IU...We have to match that...

BTW, 7 PM EST on FS1

If we have to "match" THEIR Intensity, in that sort of environment, we should check our kid's pulse. 

They should be matching us. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If we have to "match" THEIR Intensity, in that sort of environment, we should check our kid's pulse. 

They should be matching us. 

I'm just going off of last year...RMK returning set up a great atmosphere for us, but Purdue seemed a lot more hyped than we did...

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm just going off of last year...RMK returning set up a great atmosphere for us, but Purdue seemed a lot more hyped than we did...

Yep that was ridiculous. We didn’t play with as much fire as Purdue did at all that game. I’m hoping that since we now have Woodson and Fife on staff, it’ll help get it through to these guys that losing to Purdue is a no no…especially at home. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ayo going into year 3 was lottery pick...and definitely a first rounder by end of year 2. Got picked by the hometown team in second round and in 7 short months Billy D has actually developed the kid. 

I was honestly surprised he slipped into the 2nd and glad he did. Ayo is killing it right now and has made Colby White (former top 10 pick) expendable in the Bulls search for PF before the trade deadline. Amazing how much you can enjoy a player when he’s on your team!   

BUT back to the Hoosiers. I’m not saying we win, but you’d think that Woody will want this game 10x as much as past coaches have wanted it. I think we’ll come out ready to play. If this team, with this coach, comes out flat, I’ll not be sure what to think. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 2