Purdue pre-game….

Artesian_86

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

In my mind, that's been their MO the whole time...it's subtle, but always there...

It's some kind of weird need to be validated by IU fans...

Hence the "little brother" syndrome...

Turdue will always be little brother in my mind as long as fans continue to chant "IU sucks" at every game.  I mean, there's nothing more little brotherish than that.😂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Foul trouble on TJD or RT is the only way I am "worried" about TH night. They can still beat us with those two on the court, but they WILL beat us if those two have to sit quite a bit. 

just go to 6 fouls per player and do away with this nonsense. 

Never understood the DQ rule.

it allows a bad whistle or dirty ref to influence a game 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Never understood the DQ rule.

it allows a bad whistle or dirty ref to influence a game 

Especially with only 5 fouls to give. I'm good with 6 and leave it as is. A player picking up 2 fouls in the first half just takes away from the game too much, for my liking. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Especially with only 5 fouls to give. I'm good with 6 and leave it as is. A player picking up 2 fouls in the first half just takes away from the game too much, for my liking. 

Just go watch the Big East when they tried the 6 foul rule and it made the game way more physical

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just go watch the Big East when they tried the 6 foul rule and it made the game way more physical

That's fine with me lol I want the dudes on the floor. 

Jesus. I am not making this a talking about. I just get annoyed watching a HS or college game and just wait around for one of the two teams star players to get two fouls. That's it, that's all there is to it. I assume they will not ever change that rule. 

Trayce, knock on wood, has done a great job of staying out of foul trouble and Race is adequate at it. Our guards on the other hand... good gravy they're bad at it. 

Edited by btownqb

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So, take them out sooner now because you have been playing your bench more all year long and they are prepared for extended minutes!! What a concept. 

Well he didn't use the bench much back then unless it was for foul trouble it bad play

In the final four against UNLV, D. Thomas picked up 3 fouls in the first five minutes of the game. He brought in Eyl and guess what IU was still up by 6 at the half.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Prop bets: over/under 

1.  times Ivey hits the court  14.5 

2.  Flexes by TJD 3.5

3.  Flops by Sasha .5 

4.  Iverson head bob by XJ 2.5 

5.  Mentions of Edey & hockey 2.5

6.  Total TO by pg combined 12.5

Definitely taking the over on #3 🤣

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Prop bets: over/under 

1.  times Ivey hits the court  14.5 

2.  Flexes by TJD 3.5

3.  Flops by Sasha .5 

4.  Iverson head bob by XJ 2.5 

5.  Mentions of Edey & hockey 2.5

6.  Total TO by pg combined 12.5

#6 might be covered by the IU PGs, alone. 

I'll hammer the over there. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Lots of Race/Trayce talk but I think hitting threes is essential. Not only do we need the points but we must make PU defend the perimeter in order to open things inside. Would be huge it Kopp/Stewart could combine for 6 of them.

Purdue’s 3 point D is their biggest weakness. There will be open 3s for IU. If they can hit 45% of them, they’ll win.