Purdue pre-game….

Artesian_86

22 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is a game where the lack of development of Lander really hurts. If he was a reliable backup PG, I'd start XJ and RP as the backcourt and bring Stewart off the bench. PS will really have a tough time keeping Ivey in front of him. But it's tough having XJ and RP on the court together long because of potential foul trouble. 

We will have a very hard time scoring with that lineup vs. Purdue, I think. I also don't think RP is a great match for Ivey on the defensive end. He will just score over him. Outside of fouling, I think Parker is an adequate defender and he's 6'5. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We will have a very hard time scoring with that lineup vs. Purdue, I think. I also don't think RP is a great match for Ivey on the defensive him. He will just score over him. Outside of fouling, I think Parker is an adequate defender and he's 6'5. 

Sounds like we have to pick our poison with Ivey. Limit his 3's or his drives?

8 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Sounds like we have to pick our poison with Ivey. Limit his 3's or his drives?

I'm always keeping people out of the paint. You have to keep him out of the paint because if he gets there, even if he misses, it's going to create endless Oreb opportunities for Purdue, plus they're going to kick it out to SS at some point during an Oreb, as well. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Two things I heard this morning on Coyle's show...

He said Purdue was a 15 point favorite (I find that hard to believe) and Don Fischer said he thinks the best matchup for Ivey is Trey Galloway...

🤔

Replace Kopp with Galloway. Still feel like unless both PS and Kopp are hot from three, they shouldn't play together. They're the same player and both lack lateral quickness on defense. This is even more true if Galloway can hit from deep at a decent rate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'm always keeping people out of the paint. You have to keep him out of the paint because if he gets there, even if he misses, it's going to create endless Oreb opportunities for Purdue, plus they're going to kick it out to SS at some point during an Oreb, as well. 

I would agree and don't think Stewart is the answer for keeping him out of the paint.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Replace Kopp with Galloway. Still feel like unless both PS and Kopp are hot from three, they shouldn't play together. They're the same player and both lack lateral quickness on defense. This is even more true if Galloway can hit from deep at a decent rate.

I don't think Coach Woodson will start Galloway over Kopp, but I think he'll be one of the first guys off the bench...

So I guess we'll be going with Stewart on Ivey, and Kopp on Stefanovic...

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

I don't think Coach Woodson will start Galloway over Kopp, but I think he'll be one of the first guys off the bench...

So I guess we'll be going with Stewart on Ivey, and Kopp on Stefanovic...

Which is fine. Make Ivey guard on the other end, don't let him hit two in a row on the offensive end from the outside, but understand the plan is to keep him out of the paint. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Which is fine. Make Ivey guard on the other end, don't let him hit two in a row on the offensive end from the outside, but understand the plan is to keep him out of the paint. 

Easier said than done, I guess. Ivey has matured a lot from last year. Then when he went to the basket, he was gonna shoot it...now he's a more willing interior passer...

Stewart will definitely have a challenge staying in front of him...