Purdue pre-game….

Artesian_86

1 minute ago, Purdue7 said:

Stood next to him….might be 6’5”

You guys have posted Race a lot more this year…..might be a matchup to exploit 

the problem is... if we post Race, and we for sure will, TJD can't space the floor. So Edey or Williams are going to still be down there to help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I think he's for sure capable, and Kopp has to guard Sasha to begin with, I mean maybe you can stick Miller on Thompson? I mentioned you can cross match them with Parker on Thompson to start, flirting with fire with XJ guarding Ivey though. It might be a risk we need to take though. We don't really have any options in the starting lineup, other than that. 

I would guard like this.

XJ on Ivey

Kopp on Thompson

Stewart on Sasha

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I would guard like this.

XJ on Ivey

Kopp on Thompson

Stewart on Sasha

More than reasonable, only downfall is the possibility of XJ in foul trouble, which I get that he is usually in foul trouble anyway..... but, sort of worrisome. But, probably worth the risk. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

More than reasonable, only downfall is the possibility of XJ in foul trouble, which I get that he is usually in foul trouble anyway..... but, sort of worrisome. But, probably worth the risk. 

I'm calling it now... XJ gets in foul trouble, Rob is ineffective, Lander comes in miraculously stops turning the ball over and single-handedly leads IU to a 10 point win :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

the problem is... if we post Race, and we for sure will, TJD can't space the floor. So Edey or Williams are going to still be down there to help. 

True but you get defense rotating and TJD could screen or cut to basket 

none of the guards can block him out 

• Like 1

If you could count on TJD and Race knocking down 15 - 18 foot jumpers it would be a different game but as it is they will be trying to score inside over size and that's a problem. I wouldn't be shocked if Purdue just sits back letting X shoot like Minny did and use the free defender to clog the lane. I have to admit, this is the first game I can't see a legitimate path to victory but I'm hoping CMW and the team on their home court can work some magic. FYI - I did read that Duncomb should be able to play. That doesn't mean he will but he should be eligible, if needed.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

If you could count on TJD and Race knocking down 15 - 18 foot jumpers it would be a different game but as it is they will be trying to score inside over size and that's a problem. I wouldn't be shocked if Purdue just sits back letting X shoot like Minny did and use the free defender to clog the lane. I have to admit, this is the first game I can't see a legitimate path to victory but I'm hoping CMW and the team on their home court can work some magic. FYI - I did read that Duncomb should be able to play. That doesn't mean he will but he should be eligible, if needed.

With the matchups, this is a game where Duncomb could be useful.